It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
(male)

achiapp HB User
Unhappy back problems

hello everyone i am new at this. i got operated in 1998 for herniated disc on the left side l4 l5 s1, i now have l4 s1 large protrusion. is there a corelation and can it affect my right knee, i presently have a tingling pain on the inside of my right knee,my big toe is numb and have pain from buttocks to ankle. thank you for your time

Last edited by achiapp; 09-13-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: back problems

Look online for a "dermatome map" and you will see how each spinal nerve innervates a particular area of the body. If you went to your doctor and told him your big toe was numb, he would know to begin his search for the pain generator by looking at the L4 spinal nerve and the area around it...to see what is causing it to be irritated or compressed.

Discs can reherniate at the same level. It is not relevant where your previous surgery from 14 years ago occurred. As long as you have a disc, it can herniate. It sounds like this time, the herniations are larger and one or more nerves are being compressed. This causes the pain that you feel radiating down the back of your leg and into your foot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
(male)

luck25 HB Userluck25 HB User
Re: back problems

[QUOTE=achiapp;5055298]hello everyone i am new at this. i got operated in 1998 for herniated disc on the left side l4 l5 s1, i now have l4 s1 large protrusion. is there a corelation and can it affect my right knee, i presently have a tingling pain on the inside of my right knee,my big toe is numb and have pain from buttocks to ankle. thank you for your time[/QUOTE]

You can also have a nerve test done by your doctor. That will tell if u have damage done and what nerves.

Closed Thread