It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
(male)

lila220 HB User
Hey new to site, just need some help breaking down what my mri means Thankx

Findings: the verbal body heights and alignments are maintained. Marrow signal is normal the conus medullaris is at L1-L2, normal in contour and signal.

The disk signal is maintained. There is mild loss of disk hight posteriorly at L4- L5 and mild to moderate at L5-S1. At T12-L1 there is no central or forminal stenosis

At L1-L2 there is no central or forminal stenosis. There is facet arthropathy with small amount of fluids in the facet joints

At L2-L3 there is no central or foraminal stenosis. Small amounts of fluid in the facet joints

At L3-L4there is a minimal circumferential disk bulge. there is no central stenosis. Facet arthropathy with small amount of fluid in the facet joints. There is there is perineural fat effacement at the neual formamina

At L4-L5 there is a circumfertial disk bulge. No central stenosis. Facet arthropathy with small amount of fluid in the facet joints. On the left there is mild foraminal stenosis.

L5-S1 there is no central stenosis. There is posterior disk bulge more paracentral to the left there there is facet arthropathy. There is bilateral foraminal stenosis greater on the left mild to moderate.

Impression: No central stenosis. There is mild to moderate bilateral foraminal stenosis at L5-S1 and mild left foraminal stenosis at L4-L5. There is facet arthropathy in the lower lumber spine with small amount of fluid in the facet joints

Last edited by lila220; 09-26-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User
Re: Hey new to site, just need some help breaking down what my mri means Thankx

This is basically a good MRI finding, as far as MRI's of the spine go- you don't have any central canal stenosis, or narrowing of the spinal canal, where the spinal nerves for the lower half of your body run through.
There are no herniations, while you do have some disc drying out at L4-5, L5-S1, which is a normal finding in most anyone over the age of 21 or so. As we age, the discs in the spine loose some of their hydration, and therefore shrink for lack of a better description. Most surgeons would not consider this to be a significant finding......
There is some facet arthritis though......at all levels of the lumbar spine. This is usually managed with some injections called epidurals and the facet arthritis is also usually managed with anti inflammatories, and injections into the area surrounding the facet joints. If those fail, Radio frequency Ablation might be helpful to manage the pain.
This burns the nerves in the facet joints and can be repeated over and over if necessary to manage the pain.
You do have some mild to moderate foraminal stenosis, which is also usually managed by injections and physical therapy to strengthen your core muscles and help you maintain proper alignment in your spine.
You do have two bulging discs but it doesn't appear to be significant. This can occur because of positioning during the MRI and usually doesn't cause pain.

The Following User Says Thank You to backhurtz For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (09-27-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
(male)

lila220 HB User
Re: Hey new to site, just need some help breaking down what my mri means Thankx

Thankx a lot it does give me a whole lot of pain tho ive been on n off pain meds for a while now. Ive had some nerve test done as well n a few docs said that i had some nerve damage n siaticca. The pain is like a burning pain in lower back, not constent mostly when im on my feet for a while. The thing that causes pain for me is like a shooting pain from very low in my back it lik shoots down my leg to my foot. Do u know what could be causein that. I think a doc put it to me like its the disk pushin on the nerve like pinching it and thats what causes it?

Closed Thread