It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
(male)

MrTinAZ HB User
really need MRI help phone appointment w/ doc tomorrow

This is all Greek to me sorry if I am asking too many questions but can someone help me interpret this? All I get out of it is bulging discs, stenosis, and perhaps some mild degeneration what am I missing?

Thoracic: straightening of mid thoracic curvature. No evidence of occult fracture or marrow infiltration. Normal morphologic and signal characteristics. There is generalized loss of disc height an disc desiccation and very mild annular disc bulging. There is no focal disc extrusion at any level. No marked central canal or foraminal narrowing seen at any level.
Impression: mild diffuse generative changes

Lumbar:There is straightening of lumbar lordosis felt to be due to muscle spasm. There is no occult fracture or marrow infiltration. Conus medullaris, cauda equina, paraspinal musculature, visualized sacrum, and sacroiliac joints appear unremarkable.
T12-L1 through L2-3 levels are unremarkable
L3-4Mild annular disc bulge with facet arthrosis and pedicles at lower limits of normal contributing to mild aquired narrowing of the central canal with mild bilateral subarticular recess and foraminal narrowing.
L4-5demonstrates a a broad-based annular disc bulge with associated facet arthrosis and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy contributing to mild to moderate aquired narrowing of the central canal with mild bilateral subarticular recess and foraminal narrowing.
L5-S1demonstrates mild broad-based annular disc bulge. associated facet arthrosis contributing to mild bilateral foraminal narrowing.
Conclusion:
1.Degenerative changes resulting in central canal with bilateral subarticular recess and foraminal narrowing at L3-4 and L4-5.
2. Mild bilateral L5-S1 foraminal narrowing secondary to degenerative changes as above.

The following user gives a hug of support to MrTinAZ:
Phoenix (09-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: really need MRI help phone appointment w/ doc tomorrow

I'm not sure what you are looking for...it sounds like you got the basics from reading the radiology report....Were you looking for more detail or what did you want to know about the MRI?

In addition to the bulging discs and central canal and foraminal stenosis, there is arthritis and some degeneration in the facet joints. These are the synovial joints at each level that connect one vertebra to the adjacent one, and which allow the spine to bend forward, backward and to twist.

At each segment, the report indicates what is contributing to cause the stenosis.

Closed Thread