It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
(female)

Mom1941 HB User
Rfa injections... do not have!!!

This comment refers to RFA injections: RUN screaming in the opposite direction instead of subjecting yourself to these. Ten weeks later, still have the burned sensation and the numbness. Had injections in left hip and left side of lumbar area of spine. Have to apply aloe vera with lidocaine all the time to try to soothe the skin. Was told these two side effects would disappear in TWO weeks. Could walk fairly well before, now can hardly walk. I know it was the RFA injections which went wrong. Feel like I was a guinea pig being used for a test!!! PLEASE do something else, it is not worth this risk.... Before the RFA, could at least walk with help of cane, now it is almost impossible to walk at all, much less try to get down any steps or in and out of a car. If you suffer from any spine/hip/leg pain, get a car which is not LOW TO THE GROUND, like our Saturn is.Saturns are the pits.

The following user gives a hug of support to Mom1941:
workinmom572 (09-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Rfa injections... do not have!!!

Are you referring to Radiofrequency ablation?

Do you have diagnostic nerve blocks prior to the ablation to judge how well the ablation might work?

What does the doctor who performed the procedure tell you about your continued pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
(female)

Mom1941 HB User

[QUOTE=teteri66;5064881]Are you referring to Radiofrequency ablation?

Do you have diagnostic nerve blocks prior to the ablation to judge how well the ablation might work?

What does the doctor who performed the procedure tell you about your continued pain?[/QUOTE]

Yes, prior tests seem to indicate it might work, but it did not! Cortisone shots helped for 3 months but other injections were of not use. I won't go back for RFA shots on the other side. Have changed doctors since this happened three months ago!! It was almost like out of sight out of mind with the doctor....Hope you have a fine day!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

If you had RFA, these were not really injections, but the nerve itself was burned in an effort to desensitize it so you wouldn't be feeling the pain any longer. Apparently it didn't work for you.

Closed Thread