It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
(female)

evilolive HB User
Yay! Chronic back problems! Lady Problems! Fun stuff

I have been to several doctors. I have blue cross blue shield insurance, but I have some minor dysfunctions that make it kind of hard for me to get around.
I have really weird issues with my back. They seem to correspond with my menstrual cycle. I get painful lesions and swelling on different parts all over my back that travel all over the place. I suspect it might be endometriois that has decided to travel around along my back..I am diagnosed with fibroids and have one pedunculated benign fibroid that protrudes from my cervix..this makes it difficult for the blood to leave my body in a timely manner..so I theorise that that has caused it to travel to other parts of my body..if you can't get it in your spine, then I think i must be getting it in the skin along my spine..I get pain and swellng spots that burst and leave scars..so for about the past 2 years I have been getting all these unsightly scars on my back...The flareups can be incapacitating and they move around..and NO doctor seems to really care...except for one who told me that I had herpes...the bad sort of herpes...in my back..I did not know that I had herpes and could find very little information about getting herpes in one's back...she prescribed me valtrex and scheduled an appointment for 3 or so months later...disheartened at the prognosis, I took the valtrex religiously for 2 months..and saw zero improvement....it is expensive stuff...I want a second opinion, but it is somewhat difficult for me to get to doctors offices in a timely manner...I don't drive. I have a slightly harder than average time communicating with doctors because I am mildly autistic...just mildly...it is not the reason I am here on the boards but it does factor in to the difficulty i have with doctors....I am a sort of 37 year old teenager...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

workinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB User
Re: Yay! Chronic back problems! Lady Problems! Fun stuff

Wow, what a complicated mess you are- so sorry! I had a complete hysterectomy in December and my double.spinal.fusion in July. On the road to a.MUCH better life. Wish I had more advice to.offer you. Good luck.
Arthritis
Herniations
Spurs

Old 10-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
(female)

evilolive HB User

thanks for the reply. I have such a hard time finding a doctor. I went for a checkup at planned parenthood, and they noticed the fibroid. The nurse who checked me out had never seen one before and freaked out a little bit. Neither they nor the gynocologist who told me it was benign..nor two other GPs I have seen have been able to address the back issue. One gave me a non-sterroidal anti-inflammatory and told me to lose weight...then this last doc who told me I had NOT shingles..which would make some sense...but herpes..in my back...and this was a diagnosis made from a simple blood test..no cultures taken......I tend to just avoid the doctor. I cannot find one I can trust.....

The following user gives a hug of support to evilolive:
workinmom572 (10-04-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
(male)

PMADrew09 HB User

hey... i understand having medical issues and slight autism. I get the same way when i go to a doctor. it is hard for me to talk to them i cannot make eye contact, i fidget, and i get so intimidated that i forget parts of my symptoms and such. good luck to you... i hope that you find relief

Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #5
(female)

evilolive HB User

I was really let down by my last gp and her hasty diagnosis. My back condition has followed the course this month.. .during pms, I got a large painful knot to the left of my spine in the middle of my back. .once my period started, the spot on my back reduced in swelling and a scar was left behind that is roughly the size of a penny, rough , scaly and irritated...I was told by a friend that I should see a dermatologist. ..someone else said I should see a neurosurgeon..while someone else said I should see a different gynecologist...I thought about seeing a practitioner of wholistic medicine, but I can't find one who will take my insurance that I know I can trust..

Old 10-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

cheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB Usercheryl1213 HB User

Hi -- I have endo and back problems. I have read a lot about endo over the years (diagnosed 2003) and haven't heard it appearing on the skin or creating external lesions. It can cause problems in a range of body areas, but it is pretty much an internal condition.

Have you tried a dermatologist? They do a lot more than just facial concerns.

Closed Thread

Tags
back pain, endometriosis, fibroids, skin rash