It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
(male)

RibsRGay HB User
Rib Head Slipping

6 months ago through lifting weight, sleeping bad and working a labour job. I started to get back pain and long story short after it got bad enough for me to realize it wasnt just regular good pain. I went to a chiro. He told me I had an inflammed spine and to take 2 weeks off and then lift again. I did this, felt a bit better, went and lifted and bam it was re-injured.

Then I went to physio and he told me I had a slipping rib head. I could barely sleep because of the dull aches. Over the course of a month he was cracking me every visit, which hurt very very much every time (felt like he was snapping **** up every adjustment, although he claimed "it does hurt for some people") and giving me exercises that buggered it up. Eventually he gave up and told me to take time off. I ended up taking 3 months off completely. Went to a few other physios and chiros in meantime for advice. Half of them said rib head, other half muscle related, trigger points etc.

Over a month ago I went to a new chiro. He adjusted me weekly which didnt seem to hurt at all like the physios did when he cracked me (was this how an adjustment was actually supposed to feel! Not like someone is snapping my internal back structure in half everytime!). And eventually put me on exercises. After a few weeks, and a few more visits, my back was feeling so much better. I was lifting again lightly, no pain, and my back actually felt solid. When I went back to him (the last visit before he left the country) for my weekly adjustment and advice. This time when he cracked me It f*ckin hurt badly (just like when the old physio did it). It felt like it snapped something up. He said id be fine and could lift normally. I lifted a day later lightly, very light, and noticed my left side was much looser, before when it was feeling better it was very stiff, maybe from scar tissue. But now it felt loose.

Anyway I was in pain that following night, couldnt sleep, so i took 2 full weeks off hoping it would heal. Took cissus joint powder and Glucosamine, Chondroiton, MSM joint caps for added help. Today was the first day back to light back exercises and low and behold its 3 AM and I have a constant stabbing pain when I breath, that just arose 7hrs after lifting light rehab weight.

Im at my wits end here. I believe this is 100% a rib issue atm. Did he really re-f*ck me up back to square one from just one unpleasant adjustment? Am I seriously expected to wait another 3 months for this scar tissue to re-heal again? Everytime I re-injure it, it seems to take even longer. Scratch that probably a year for this to feel like it did a month ago? All he did was crack me and its this f*cked up? I have no clue what to do?

Is anyone else in this situation? Excuse the vulgarity of post, but im beyond the point of thinking of shooting my head off.

P.S: I have had Xray, Ultrasound and MRI, all came back NEGATIVE

Last edited by RibsRGay; 10-03-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Rib Head Slipping

Welcome to the board.

For the most part, those of us with back problems are not big fans of chiropractic. Unless you know what is causing your back pain, it is a bit of a crap shoot as to whether the chiropractor will make the problem better or worse. Unless you know there is no nerve involvement, it can be dangerous to let anyone crack your back.

I hope you will be able to find someone who can make an accurate diagnosis soon.

Closed Thread