It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
(male)

Mikeh66 HB UserMikeh66 HB User
ischium pain

chronic lumbar pain is now joinde by ischium pain. Life is getting rough.

I am now on 9 10mg methadone for the lumbar and will be on dilaudid next week.

Anybody with info on the ischium pain and or dilaudid with methadone?

Old 10-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: ischium pain

Did you try Prolotherapy? I met people who had wonderful permanent results after the this therapy. I know Ischial Tuberosity Pain is not a walk in a park, but if it can be helped with this wonderful Prolotherapy, I would try without a doubt before I would sign for another opiod. This is just my opinion. If I wouldn't meet people who benefited from it, I wouldn't be able to suggest anything to you.
I had so much pain and damages after car accident in 2003, spinal surgery suggested, but for 3 years I worked, being in pain 24/7 and tried everything under the sky before I scheduled my first surgery. And even than I wouldn't take opioids, tried everything else and only when I realized that nothing, i mean nothing is working, than only I went on them.

This just my opinion but I care for people, I know how hard life is for someone who lives on pain medication: physically, mentally, emotionally. This is why I always tell people, please try everything else, let it be your last straw...
To your Question: Dilaudid is a good drug for some people, but be careful. My good friend developed such terrible reaction to it. I didn't have any reaction but couldn't stand the nausea. I hope it will work for you.

I hope you will feel better.
Moldova

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
(male)

I thank you for your reply. I have never heard of prolotherapy and am surprised at that.

I get my meds from the VA and I will have to talk to them, but since they have never mentioned it indicates they dont support it. I will also try some private docs for info. I just had two epidurals from a spine doctor and he has given up on me. Gave me some anti inflammatory meds and walked away.

Once again I do appreciate your reply... God bless.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

Prolotherapy is one of those treatments that most insurance carriers will not pay for -- sort of where acupuncture was up until recently. Prolotherapy is a non-surgical ligament reconstruction.

The idea of it is to inject a solution into a lax ligament. This causes an irritation that the body immediately starts to try to resolve. The body's response to this is to lay down new tissue, similar to the way the body makes scar tissue when it is healing. The body grows new ligaments in areas where they have become weak.

It can be used for a variety of back issues, sacroiliac instability, etc.

I would be surprised if the VA is familiar with prolotherapy. It is still considered to be outside the realm of normal accepted medical treatments.

The Following User Says Thank You to teteri66 For This Useful Post:
Mikeh66 (10-07-2012)
Old 10-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
(male)

Good info. thanks for taking the time to post.

God bless..........

Closed Thread