It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User
Bone spurs

Anyone suffer from lower lumbar bone spurs? How do u deal with the pain? I've got them on my L2 L3 L4, very painfull and uncomfortable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
(male)

backem HB User
Re: Bone spurs

[QUOTE=loki2012;5068186]Anyone suffer from lower lumbar bone spurs? How do u deal with the pain? I've got them on my L2 L3 L4, very painfull and uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]

I had a lumber formantomy back in June. My surgeon thought he was just dealing with stenois. Turns out in addition I had a bone spur in the same general area. It didn't show up on any of my x-rays, MRI, or myelogram. That was probably why I was in more pain than my doctor thought I should be given what my tests showed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

What else is going on in that area of your spine? Bone spurs are usually an indication of degenerative changes, often in a facet joint, and usually do not cause pain in and of itself.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User

[QUOTE=teteri66;5068297]What else is going on in that area of your spine? Bone spurs are usually an indication of degenerative changes, often in a facet joint, and usually do not cause pain in and of itself.[/QUOTE]

I've got severe tenderness in the muscles of my lower back.
The back pain radiates up to my middle back. Dr said he wants
To do pain management bc I'm to young for back surgery.
I also have a hereditary back issue to which my grama had
3 surgeries, my mom has identical back issues. It's been
Several years on gabapentin and hydrocodone for the pain.

Closed Thread