It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
(female)

Hemlock07 HB User
Hi - Question about Lidoderm Patches

Hi All. Hope everyone's well, given the circumstances. I have a question. Lidoderm patches are (imho) heaven's answer to pain. However, they are notoriously not covered by many insurance companies, mine included. At this point, I am buying 6 at a time for close to $60.
OK, so I guess I have 2 questions 1. does anyone know how to appeal this BS denial? 2. Is Lidocaine cream the same as the patch?
Just some unsolicited frustration-why would something that obviously helps so many people be so across-the-board denied (I've appealed, to no avail) that is not addictive (and therefore will save money [since we've established the companies couldn't care less about pain relief) in the long run?
If no one can get them, for whom are they designed?

Sorry for the silly face; couldn't help it. Anyway, any help would be most appreciated. It's my first day here. I'm glad such a forum exists. Thanks in advance and good health to all. [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Old 10-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

workinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB User
Re: Hi-Question about Lidoderm Patches

Have you asked your prescribing Dr to.write a letter of.appeal.on your behalf? Also, the manufacturers often offer assistance if you can't afford it. I hope.this.helps.a little. No, It's different than the cream. The patch keeps entering your system and that is why It's.prescribed on for 12 hours and off for.12 hours.
Arthritis
Herniations
Spurs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
(female)

LucyBee210 HB UserLucyBee210 HB User
Re: Hi-Question about Lidoderm Patches

Hi Hemlock .. My doctor prescribed the lidoderm patches for my back pain and even though the cost of them is a whopping amount over $300 for 30 of them I had to pay only a $20 copay. But even at that they did not help me at all. Of course I had sciatica pain and maybe that is why I got no relief from them .. ?? Go figure on the insurance companies making it difficult and so expensive .. they would rather pay thousands on other treatments and surgeries where the patches would help greatly in some cases... Best of luck to you ...

[QUOTE=Hemlock07;5069028]Hi All. Hope everyone's well, given the circumstances. I have a question. Lidoderm patches are (imho) heaven's answer to pain. However, they are notoriously not covered by many insurance companies, mine included. At this point, I am buying 6 at a time for close to $60.
OK, so I guess I have 2 questions 1. does anyone know how to appeal this BS denial? 2. Is Lidocaine cream the same as the patch?
Just some unsolicited frustration-why would something that obviously helps so many people be so across-the-board denied (I've appealed, to no avail) that is not addictive (and therefore will save money [since we've established the companies couldn't care less about pain relief) in the long run?
If no one can get them, for whom are they designed?

Sorry for the silly face; couldn't help it. Anyway, any help would be most appreciated. It's my first day here. I'm glad such a forum exists. Thanks in advance and good health to all. [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Closed Thread

Tags
appeal, insurance, lidocaine, lidoderm, pain management