It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
(female)

Spokenheart HB User
Please help me understand my MRI results

My doctor doesn't seem to care about patient follow-up. I am now changing doctors. I had my MRI this past Monday and (I found out today) the results were sent to him that afternoon, yet he never called me. I called his office yesterday (and they said he would get back to me, but never did. I called back today and they said he is out of the office until Monday. I just want some answers to my source of pain. I noticed a member named "teteri66" helped someone decipher their MRI so I was hoping she, or whoever else might see my post and can decipher MRI's, will help me out. I have no idea what my next course of action/treatment plan is without understanding this MRI. Thanks in advance for your help.

Here's the report:

FINDINGS: There is reversal of the normal cervical lordosis which could be secondary to patient positioning or muscle spasm. Cervical vertebral body heights and marrow signal are within normal limits. Cervical vertebral body alignment demonstrates slight grade I retrolisthesis at C5-6.

The craniocervical junction and cervical spinal cord are within normal limits.

Individual cervical levels interrogated as follows:

C2-3: No disc bulge, protrusion, central canal stenosis or foraminal narrowing.

C3-4: No disc bulge, protrusion, central canal stenosis or foraminal narrowing.

C4-5: Small central disc protrusion with minimal central canal stenosis. No foraminal narrowing.

C5-6: Intervertebral disc is narrowed with annular disc bulging with endplate spurring, contributing to mild central stenosis. Uncinate hypertrophy, greater on the right contributes to mild right foraminal narrowing. Left foramen is adequately patent.

C6-7: There is left paracentral disc extrusion with cranial dissection, which measures up to 8MM craniocaudal, 9 mm transverse and 5mm in AP diameter. It causes left subarticular zone stenosis, with severe left foraminal narrowing. The diaphragm is adequately patent. There is mild central canal stenosis.

C7-T1: No central canal stenosis or foraminal narrowing. No disc bulge or protrusion noted.

The paravertebral soft tissues are unremarkable.

IMPRESSION: At C6-7 there is a left paracentral disc extrusion with cranial dissection, causing left subarticular zone stenosis with severe left C6-7 foraminal narrowing. There is also mild central canal stenosis at this level.

Mild disc bulge C5-6 with minimal central stenosis.

Small central disc protrusion C4-5 with minimal central stenosis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread