It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
(female)

izzieheartsyou HB User
Unhappy Juvinial Disc Disease, herniated disc and more...advice?

Been dealing with chronic pain since early 2007. Was referred to a orthopaedic and had an MRI done. Stayed with him till the end of 2008 because I lost my health insurance. Tonight, I was looking over my medical records from him.

Here is what I've learned, or relearned, about what is going on my with spine.
He diagnosed me with Jeuvinial Disc Desease and also pointed out disk space narrowing in the lower lumbar spine?. Along with that I had/have a large right pericentral? herniation. Also L3-4, L4-5, and of course L5-S1 showed degenration. Also the herniation caused noticiable compression on the S1 nerve root?

Yeah, that's a jumbled mess of what my MRI in 07 said. I'm obviously here because my pain is still there. My friends and family are aware that I cannot stand for more then 5 minutes before I begin feeling my back tighten to the point where it feels like it's going to break. Along with that lower back pain, I now have upper back pain. I constantly have to arc my back because it needs to be streched, usually resulting in a large crack. I've had to go to the university hospital a few times this year because the muscle between my sholder blades would burn and I could not find relief no matter what method I would try. I sit hunched over all the time because it is the only way my back feels comfortable.

I'm miserable, honestly.

I'm 26, I've already been dealing with this for over 5 years and each year with worse and worse pain. I have no insurance at the moment but I need to figure out something! I'm debating going to have a visit with my old ortho if the price isn't horrific.

Filed for disability finally, tho being my records are so old, I think it might be a waste of effort if I DON'T go see my Ortho again. We've had to hire someonee to clean the house because I'm physicallly unable! Enough of my boo hoos. You all know how horrible it is.

The question is do you have any advice for someone like me? The university hospital was supposed to send me a referral to a clinic who would refer me to an ortho but that clinic got shut down becauseof funding so I'm at a loss. Hospital again? Call old Ortho? I need a new MRI to see what's going on which I obviously could never afford. HElp!

The following user gives a hug of support to izzieheartsyou:
mia448 (10-31-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
back pain, herniated disc