It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
(male)

Efrain HB User
Post Microdiscectomy question

Good Morning,

I am a 37 yr old male with back problems.

I had a Microdiscectomy surgery on my l4/l5 exactly a week ago today. The pain after the surgery was a living hell after the first couple of days but finally after taking Naproxen my muscles are a little more relaxed and the pain is going away.

I have taken this surgery very serious so I have been laying in bed most of the time. I only get up to do exercise (1 hr a day) walking around the neighborhood. Not lifting anything or putting pressure on my back.

My question is that just yesterday blood started coming out and I am a little scared. The blood is not dark, is pale and it seems to come out with a water like fluid and it does not smell. At times, if I bend I can see a little drip of blood with liquid come out of the incision. Also my back feels really strange when this happens.

Has anyone had this same issue? should I be worried? Also if that blood and liquid doesn't come out, how is my back supposed to hold that inside?

Sorry for my ignorance but I am not that educated when it comes to this type of surgery.

should I be worried?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Post Microdiscectomy question

I would suggest calling your doctor's office tomorrow. Check your temperature to be sure you are not running a fever.

Usually there isn't much drainage from a microdiscectomy. With a larger, more involved surgery, they put in a drain, that drains accumulating fluids to the outside so they don't "pool" and form a hemangioma. I had that with my first fusion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
back problems, microdisectomy, surgery