It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
(female)

analuz HB User
Exclamation 3 herniated discs L3,4,5 AND only 17 years old

Hello my name is Ana and I am 17.
My pain started when I was about 14. I was constantly in the emergency room for sever pain and I must of gotten about 20 xrays and nothing was found. basically I have been living my life in pain my high school years. Just recently a couple months ago when an x-ray was done they found out I had 3 herniated discs in my lower back. I have been to over 6 different emergency rooms. I have gone through physical therapy, 4 epidural injections, and surgery very soon in December. My school does not have an elevator so everything has become harder for me. As being a teenager, I have missed out on alot of things teens do. parties, dances, physical activities. All i want to be is a normal teenager girl. My pain is very intense starting in my lower back shooting down my left leg known as sciatica and my lower body becomes weak and I cannot walk.
It's hard for my classmates to understand what wrong with me when I have to stand in the back of the class because I can't sit for a long time or sometimes at all cuz of pain. This is my last year of school and I'm missing so much. I am asking for support maybe someone around my age that can help my through this sometimes I don't know what to do. No pills work for me anymore Im living my life in sever pain, Please help!

Old 11-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
(female)

Kbpeacock HB User
Re: 3 herniated discs L3,4,5 AND only 17 years old

Although I am a older (24) I still know what you are going through. I too had back pain all through high school and couldn't do the normal activities. I had a serve herniated disc in my L4&5 pinching my nerve and as you said causing so much pain, had 3 epidural shots, many many chiropractor visits and ended up having surgery October last year. Not sure if its the same surgery you will have but mine helped me tremendously. Then I started to have pain on my right side. I just had a breast reduction a week before thanksgiving and still recovering from that hoping its causing or contributing to the problem. I don't know if you are heavy chested but it definitely could be something to look into if you are. I was a DDD and went down to a C. Already feel better. You aren't alone and though it seems it will never end, it will get better. Keep up with the physical therapy. It does work but gets worse before it does better. And don't be afraid of the surgery. That was my first major surgery and it was no where compared to how bad my back hurt before and not being able to walk. Hang in there and make sure you tell your doctor everything.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kbpeacock For This Useful Post:
analuz (11-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
(female)

analuz HB User
Re: 3 herniated discs L3,4,5 AND only 17 years old

[QUOTE=Kbpeacock;5095244]Although I am a older (24) I still know what you are going through. I too had back pain all through high school and couldn't do the normal activities. I had a serve herniated disc in my L4&5 pinching my nerve and as you said causing so much pain, had 3 epidural shots, many many chiropractor visits and ended up having surgery October last year. Not sure if its the same surgery you will have but mine helped me tremendously. Then I started to have pain on my right side. I just had a breast reduction a week before thanksgiving and still recovering from that hoping its causing or contributing to the problem. I don't know if you are heavy chested but it definitely could be something to look into if you are. I was a DDD and went down to a C. Already feel better. You aren't alone and though it seems it will never end, it will get better. Keep up with the physical therapy. It does work but gets worse before it does better. And don't be afraid of the surgery. That was my first major surgery and it was no where compared to how bad my back hurt before and not being able to walk. Hang in there and make sure you tell your doctor everything.[/QUOTE]

I was never told about the breast situation but my pain has also moved from the left to the right side as well, causing more pain. But the doctors say the surgery will only hopefully work a little so I can feel less pain. But thanks so much for your support

Closed Thread