HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Back Problems (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/back-problems/)
-   -   New here (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/back-problems/929699-new-here.html)

kelly41 11-30-2012 06:31 AM

New here

Hi all ive just found this site and was amazed reading others experiences how many of us are suffering
Ive had back pain for 6 years now and am 12 months post discectomy / laminectomy at the L4/L5, i have had 6 epidurals, 6 sets of facet joint injections and 2 rounds of nerve root blocks and am still in pain due to scar tissue, nerve root damage, arthritis, and degeneration of 4 discs

i can sympathies with everyone suffering and just wanted to say hi and that im glad ive found somewhere where people will understand what were going through

lorileamc 11-30-2012 06:59 AM

Re: New here

Sorry to hear you are still in pain. Any chance of more surgery to remove the scar tissue? This is a great site for just venting or asking advice!

kelly41 11-30-2012 07:26 AM

im going to see a neurosurgen end of December so fingers xed but i suspect another disc is going as well as im getting that sharp electric sensation through my back and legs again.
Fusion has been suggested to me twice now but me and my other half would like a family before i had it done as they want to do 6 vertebra which would prevent my back flexing during pregnancy

lorileamc 11-30-2012 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=kelly41;5097030]im going to see a neurosurgen end of December so fingers xed but i suspect another disc is going as well as im getting that sharp electric sensation through my back and legs again.
Fusion has been suggested to me twice now but me and my other half would like a family before i had it done as they want to do 6 vertebra which would prevent my back flexing during pregnancy[/QUOTE]

You may still be able to carry a pregnancy with the fusion. I work for an OB GYN & have had a couple of patients who have had rods in their backs. You would probably have to deliver by c-section but that's a really safe way to deliver, anyway! I would think pregnancy would be less painful, too, with less back problems.???

kelly41 11-30-2012 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=lorileamc;5097095]You may still be able to carry a pregnancy with the fusion. I work for an OB GYN & have had a couple of patients who have had rods in their backs. You would probably have to deliver by c-section but that's a really safe way to deliver, anyway! I would think pregnancy would be less painful, too, with less back problems.???[/QUOTE]

id do anything to stop the pain an get my life back, id just completed my phd and got my first job as a senior scientist with a biopharmacutical company when the disc went completely. My surgeon scared me to death telling me if i had the fusion id be on bed rest from 4 months during pregnancy

hopefully my new Dr will be better and i can get back to normal although i cant remember what normal feels like any more lol