It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
(female)

kelly41 HB User
New here

Hi all ive just found this site and was amazed reading others experiences how many of us are suffering
Ive had back pain for 6 years now and am 12 months post discectomy / laminectomy at the L4/L5, i have had 6 epidurals, 6 sets of facet joint injections and 2 rounds of nerve root blocks and am still in pain due to scar tissue, nerve root damage, arthritis, and degeneration of 4 discs

i can sympathies with everyone suffering and just wanted to say hi and that im glad ive found somewhere where people will understand what were going through

Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
(female)

lorileamc HB Userlorileamc HB Userlorileamc HB Userlorileamc HB User
Re: New here

Sorry to hear you are still in pain. Any chance of more surgery to remove the scar tissue? This is a great site for just venting or asking advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
(female)

kelly41 HB User

im going to see a neurosurgen end of December so fingers xed but i suspect another disc is going as well as im getting that sharp electric sensation through my back and legs again.
Fusion has been suggested to me twice now but me and my other half would like a family before i had it done as they want to do 6 vertebra which would prevent my back flexing during pregnancy

Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
(female)

lorileamc HB Userlorileamc HB Userlorileamc HB Userlorileamc HB User

[QUOTE=kelly41;5097030]im going to see a neurosurgen end of December so fingers xed but i suspect another disc is going as well as im getting that sharp electric sensation through my back and legs again.
Fusion has been suggested to me twice now but me and my other half would like a family before i had it done as they want to do 6 vertebra which would prevent my back flexing during pregnancy[/QUOTE]

You may still be able to carry a pregnancy with the fusion. I work for an OB GYN & have had a couple of patients who have had rods in their backs. You would probably have to deliver by c-section but that's a really safe way to deliver, anyway! I would think pregnancy would be less painful, too, with less back problems.???

Old 11-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
(female)

kelly41 HB User

[QUOTE=lorileamc;5097095]You may still be able to carry a pregnancy with the fusion. I work for an OB GYN & have had a couple of patients who have had rods in their backs. You would probably have to deliver by c-section but that's a really safe way to deliver, anyway! I would think pregnancy would be less painful, too, with less back problems.???[/QUOTE]

id do anything to stop the pain an get my life back, id just completed my phd and got my first job as a senior scientist with a biopharmacutical company when the disc went completely. My surgeon scared me to death telling me if i had the fusion id be on bed rest from 4 months during pregnancy

hopefully my new Dr will be better and i can get back to normal although i cant remember what normal feels like any more lol

Reply Reply