It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
(female)

BunBun98 HB User
Unhappy Understanding my MRI results?!?!

Hello!
I had just received my MRI report in the mail and I was hoping someone could please tell me what it all means.

There is 2 level degenerative disc disease and desiccation at L-4-L-5 and L-5-S-1. There appear to be very subtle changes of the posterior aspect of the L-4-L-5 disc associated with a focal region of annular hyperintensity and eccentric disc bulge causing very mild changes of extradural impression on the thecal sac. Very mild changes of spinal stenosis appreciated at this level.

The L-5-S1 disc is also associated with very minimal annular degeneration but no disc bulge. Please note that the L5 vertebrate body appears to be a transitional type vertebral body with a pseudoarthrosis evident between the left elongated transverse process and the left sacroiliac joint.

The remainder of the examination appears unremarkable. There is no well-defined evidence for focal disc herniation or abnormal bone marrow edema. There is a probable tiny 5mm hemangioma at the L1 vertebral body.

I appreciate any help to clarify this for me or any suggestions on what would help!! Thank you so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
back pain, bulging disc, degenerative disc disease, l4-l5, lumbar mri