Herniated Disks C5-C6-C7
I have been experiencing sever tingling and numbness in my left arm and around my whole left shoulder blade for the last 2 months.
I went to my family dr. and she aligned me up (cracked me) and requested that I get xrays. The xray came back and stated that i have arthritis and calcium build up in C4-C5-C6. She put me on steroids for 6 days. The pain subsided during the time I was on these, but today is the last day and the tingling and numbness is back.
She sent me for a MRI today. The results came back stating that I have 2 herniated disks C5-C6, C6-C7 and that I need to contact a neurosurgeon and that I will need surgery.
I see all these posts about surgery and what the process is. I also see all these posts about going to the the Spine Institute for alternate treatment.
Has anyone ever been there and been treated that way. I want the best option for me, but would prefer no surgery if not absolutely needed.
The pain is so bad that I am litterally in tears and constantly holding my arm above my head to get the blood rushing as this is the only thing that relieves the pain.
I have an appt in 2 months with the neurosurgeon so I will have to wait til then to see what the options are.
Any suggestions out there?