It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

backpainzz HB User
any pumpsters with morphine

I am new my name is backpainzz, and boy do I have it. just a little info before I had the pump trial I was on 10/325 hydrocodine, he switched me to .5 mg methadone... 1 pill knocked me on my rear for 2 days. taken 12 hrs apart. trial was wonderful, with started with dilaudid, like 3 mcg per 24 hr period, upping up every 2 weeks, well I did 2 rounds of the diluadid, and I couldn't pee, went to a urologist and she said the diluadid would cause the urethitor to shrink, so I went pee, 1x in the day straining to do so taking 20 min to 1/2 hr, of course the urine was stagnant and I developed 2 differant E-coli from it now Im on antibotics for 6 months to allow the baldder to shed the infected bladder. I refused Morphine, cause I didn't want the itch, So we went directly to Fentynal .25 mcg per 24hr period, it is 100 times stronger than morphine. He ususal starts his patients out on 100mcg but with my sensitivity to meds that's why mine was so low, He said it would tak app 70 hrs for the diluadid to clear the tubing, I knew in a flash it was through... I almost didn't make it to the restroom. ok sorry for the TMI. The fentynal was great it took away my back pain to just a minor muscle ach, BUT,I had gastric bypass 10 years ago so nothing can get to my old stomach, the gastric intolerance I had was so bad Id rather been dead, Iit was a wed , he put in the fentynal, then he was leaving for Fl, and of course as usual ANT problems and call Pm on call they would meet me in the office, It was so nice that sat/sun evan though I was in great pain I waited until Mon morn, they got me in asap, dropped it to just 3 mcg, my reg neuro/pm wouldn't be in until the following mon. he apologized for my having such a rough time, I withdrew the fentenyal from the pump and line thsn flushed it with pure saline, removed it then put fresh saline back in. He said there was 2 new drug for pumpsters, but people that meds don't bother them cant handle it either. So I wasn't going there. He Rx me oxy codone, I waited 12 hours from the last hydro to take it before bed. BAMMMM i woke up like a shot went off, the ungodly pain in both legs was something I,d never experienced b4 so I thought it was just a fluke, waited a week... same thing, so I'm taking the oxy back to him so he knows I only used 2 pills. I had morphine before in an Iv after my g-bypass itch itch itch, thats what im afraid of now, so if anyone has a pain pump let me know your thoughts on morphine if I take benedryl during the day Ill be groggy all day. thanky for allowing me to join your community. backpainzz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread