It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
(female)

mylife39 HB User
any advice ?

i am new here.
i had tlif/plif surgery 9/2011 and i am going down hill can people have reactions to metals in there body from surgery or fuson not take and make this pain and what i am liven with everyday? i feel like i wish i never had this surgery and i try to read up to see if others have went down hill after surgery like mine but all i get are 80% take and 20% need to have fusion surgery agin? can anyone give advise or something?

Old 12-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: any advice ?

Welcome to the board. First I have a couple questions before I can respond to your questions.

Were you making progress in your recovery and now you feel you are doing worse? What are your symptoms? Are you better than prior to surgery?

Have you had a consultation with your surgeon recently or had a new x-ray to see if you are fused? Sometimes a person will appear to be fused on an x-ray and it will turn out not to be the case, but usually x-rays are fairly good at showing bone growth.

The statistics you site are somewhat misleading. Of the people who do not have a successful outcome, only some of them have a non-fusion. In other cases, the surgery does not resolve their pain, or there is something else going on that the surgery didn't address. I'm not sure what percentage do not grow sufficient bone to make the fusion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
(female)

mylife39 HB User

progress after surgery no i cant say any progress i went down hill i was on lots of meds after surgery and on week meds now. i have pain in the area where surgery was done i feel like i can feel the metal i have 2 rods 4 srews and a disk replacement with fusion.
now i have hip pain i get these stabing pain and a warm heat feeling when this happen so i watch how i get up set down i can stand very long now my legs give out. in nov i started haven leg shaking uncontrolable at home now it happen when i drive. i still have the leg pain i had b4 surgery this pain is so different then the pain b4 the surgery. i have passed out from hurting so bad. i cant bend over. butt sharp pains.. and now the cant hold going to the restroom i feel hopeless and i hate haven to move if i move the wrong way or sit the wrong way i pay for all day. cant sleep on my sides only flat on my back

Old 12-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
(female)

Bigmamaree HB User

I would definitely suggest to see your surgeon or find a new one asap. You shouldn't of waited so long with that type of pain.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bigmamaree For This Useful Post:
mylife39 (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

When did you last see your surgeon? If he is telling you things are OK, I would also suggest you make an appointment with a different spine surgeon from an unrelated practice for an evaluation. Be sure to tell them you are having issues with your bladder/bowel. That is a significant symptom and should not be ignored.
It is possible to be allergic to the metal. It is possible for there to be a hardware failure or for a screw to be penetrating a nerve, etc. Many things can go wrong. The important thing is that it certainly sounds like you are dealing with some nerve compression.

The Following User Says Thank You to teteri66 For This Useful Post:
mylife39 (12-19-2012)
Closed Thread