It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
(male)

ron911 HB User
Angry Neck Issues

I have 3 mm broad-based posterior protrusion at C3-C4, slightly eccentric to the left side. This effaces the left anterior aspect of the thecal sac with minimal bilateral facet arthrosis being evident.

I also have C6-C7 status post anterior interbody fusion a 3 mm broad-based posterior protrusion with spondylotic component being evident, effacing the anterior aspect of the thecal sac. Central canal remains patent. Mild bilateral neural foriminal stenosis is evident. Mild bilateral facet arthropathy is seen.

I am in severe pain with numbness and weakness in both arms. Will surgery take care of this or is surgery needed?

Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
(female)

Meldrupp HB User
Re: Neck Issues

I have had a lot of the same going on from c3-4 down. I had mild to moderate pain that would come and go for the last 15 yrs. I decided to go to the highly recommended "Laser Spine Institute, LSI" in Florida. They explained that although they couldn't correct the problem, they could relieve my pain. Well that was Nov. 2008, and I've been in pain management ever since. I only ever took pain relievers like tylenol & ibuprofen which took care of it. Now I have to take narcotics like oxycontin 10mg 2x day. And if it gets worse when I do the least little thing I have to supplement with hydrocodone 10mg as often as necessary.
Surgery messed me up. They said they would take remove areas that put pressure on the nerves and cause the pain as well as some bone spurs and something about facet joints. I've never had to take anything so strong, now it's my life! Don't go to LSI. Do your research, get lots of infor. before you let anyone cut on you. Especially, when they say minimally invasive. Beware! I feel your pain! Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread