New Post Lumbar Fusion Problems
In mid November 2012 my orthopedic surgeon released me to do normal activities indicating my PT would let me know how much exercise I could do. I was able to decrease my Lyrica because of post surgery leg pain/ numbness from 300mg to 225mg but still have brain fog and instability when walking or descending stairs.
After multiple bike rides, walks and about 3 PT sessions I developed pain from the groin to above my R knee which now includes the R knee (maybe from the way the leg was weighted). I had eliminated Percocet of up to 80mg per day and only used Lyrica. I am now back on Percocet of about 20-30mg due to the continuous leg pain. I do note a tightness in my back (right side) when reaching behind me. The leg pain started mid quadracep and radiates up and down.
My Doc had given me a back MRI and established there was no bone on nerve (this was prior to the new extreme pain). I was able to get in to see my ortho who ordered a Myelogram that was done 12/21. The report would be given to my Doc by that evening. The Doc is unfortunately out of town until a week into the new year. The Radiologist told me the test may not be definitive.
My Doc had given me Prednisone from 50mg down to 10mg in 5 days. After 3 days the pain was gone and I quit Percocet. It is now back so back comes the Percocet. At least this gives me hope that an Epidural/nerve block might help. My primary care Doc had an MRI done on my R leg from groin to above the knee. The PC Doc sent me to an extremity ortho who found nothing and told me to see my back ortho. Xmas is a nice time of year and the Docs deserve vacations but waiting 2 weeks to get my Myelogram read is frustrating. Who knows. My ortho may have to go back in which greatly concerns me. He did tell me he believes a nerve in my back is very inflamed. So, I wait!
Last edited by fastcarbon; 12-23-2012 at 01:12 PM.