It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
(male)

danielb59 HB User
Post ACDF Surgery

Just had three level ACDF about two weeks ago. I must say that the pain associated with two lumbar surgeries last year did not bother me as much as this one surgery. The pains come from all directions, neck, shoulders, collarbone. Incision site is fine, though. I am reluctant to take significant pain medications due to the risk of future addictions. I take aleve twice a day, but this doesn't seem to do much good. Can anyone assist as I work this out or tell me of your experiences with this procedure.
Thanks
Dan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
(female)

bunz50 HB Userbunz50 HB Userbunz50 HB Userbunz50 HB User
Re: Post ACDF Surgery

Hello Dan, a 3 level ACDF is a major surgery,(I am fused from C4-C7) and yes you can expect pain everywhere, but I believe if you take your medications according to your Dr there should be no addictions issues, The drugs are prescribe to help with the pain issue so that you are not suffering. If your family Dr or surgeon prescribe you a pain pill then take as ordered or take half the amount untill your pain level is tolerable take care, Bunz

Last edited by mod85; 12-24-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
(male)

danielb59 HB User
Re: Post ACDF Surgery

Thanks Bunz. Last year I had L4,5 and 6 cleaned out (can't remember the procedure name) and then I had a rupture in L4 repaired. Not nearly as much pain then as now. That's why I posted. I was expecting the pains to be similar to the lumbar area, but I was mistaken. Anyway, thanks for the word of wisdom. We surgical post-ops need to stick together and tell our "war stories".
Thanks
Dan

Closed Thread