It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #31
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User
Re: MRI thoracic/cervical region HELP

gmak:

It is January 8th and surgery is on the 11th.

First I decided to see my Neurosurgeon at the end of the month to review the MRI results. I want his opinion as well as the pain management doctors opinion.

Second I am somewhat frustrated.
When I went to have the trial done there was a whole big mess up, there was a problem in that my doctors office didnt get the authorization to have me admitted after the procedure. They had me set up as outpatient and they wouldnt do the surgery until the proper authorization was recieved. It took 4 hours on the day of the trial to get it cleared up.

then yesterday I get a letter from one of the divisisons of my health carrier saying that request for the surgery was being denying. The surgery was not approved. I got 4 separate letters each with a different code number and saying there wasnt documentation that i needed to have the surgery.

I furst called the insurance company who in turn called the doctors office. I was eventually told that the doctors office had to clear up the problem.

So I called the doctors office and spoke to someone saying that the department that denied the surgery was NOT to be involved in the approval. the woman at the doctors office thus gave me the name and authorization number that she was given approving the surgery. the dept that denied me "supposedly" gives precerts for things like MRI's. I was told that they are not to be involved.

I just pray that when I get their on Friday that I am not hit with something else that I wasnt told. And that the doctors office is right. They were the ones that messed up during the trial.

This has me frustrated to say the least.

If I do have it done I am scheduled to stay over 1 night. Normally I would have been discharged the same day but with my other health issues he felt it best keep me over night.

more later.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #32
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User

In my last post I posted about issues that I had in getting the authorization for the final implant.

Today I received from the Insurance Company, "Determination Notice of Approved Organization Determination."

It is for the Date of Service 1/11/13 and states that the above listed service (Inpatient Admission) has been reviewed and found to be medically necessary and appropriate."

So I think this should be sufficient for the procedure on Friday. I have never in the past faced so many issues when I went to the hospital or before and had any issues that the surgery was going to happen.

I think the doctors office really messed up and he wont admit it.

Just get me thru this.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #33
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

[QUOTE=pebblebeach3;5114025]In my last post I posted about issues that I had in getting the authorization for the final implant.
Today I received from the Insurance Company, "Determination Notice of Approved Organization Determination."
It is for the Date of Service 1/11/13 and states that the above listed service (Inpatient Admission) has been reviewed and found to be medically necessary and appropriate."
So I think this should be sufficient for the procedure on Friday. I have never in the past faced so many issues when I went to the hospital or before and had any issues that the surgery was going to happen.
I think the doctors office really messed up and he wont admit it.
Just get me thru this.[/QUOTE]

Hey pebble, Yes, I agree. I pray that God will get you through this surgery without any complications of any kind. It is quite enough in my opinion what with the mess up last time & psyching oneself up to facing the surgery without any business office malarkey to make any more stress on you. Hopefully, it is all taken care of now & you have the approval letter so all will go according to plan. Hence, I hope that all will be smooth sailing from now on until recovery. I cant wait to hear the pain relief in your "voice"! I am making an appointment with a neurosurgeon to see about the pump for myself soon as it was recommended awhile back for me but I was really controlled pain wise with the fen patch & breakthrough until now, the pain has never been this severe at least that i can remember! Keep updating, there are so many pulling for you! Thanks pebble.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #34
Inactive
(male)

Will keep you posted. Hopefully I will be home on Saturday and will be able to post an update sometime over the weekend.

I have to call the hospital on Thursday to find out what time I have to report to get registered and what time the surgery is scheduled for.

I lost track if this will be 11 or 12th surgery!!! Geesh.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #35
(female)

lginfl HB Userlginfl HB User
Wink Re: MRI thoracic/cervical region HELP

HI PB! Just want to send you my very best wishes for a speedy recovery!
and a side note about the hassle you had, a lot of changes have been taking place in the entire health field! Example: yesterday I went to the pharmacy to get Rx's filled. Their new policy (effective Dec.1,12) is your drivers license address HAS TO match the address on the RX! I live in FL. most people here have dual address'! They told me they would let it slide this time & to get my license changed! I still own a home at my current address & am staying here temporary. Also have had problems with insurance turning down or requesting add'l info on a lot of my claims. Two were for rehab in two states; both wanted me to resubmit my RX for therapy! I don't have it, I gave it to them when I walked in the door!
ok, sorry I went off, but I think it's going to get worse……
Let us know how you're doing ASAP!
Blessings…

Closed Thread