It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
(female)

isillyme HB User
ADR Prodisc Surgery

I had the ADR prodisc surgery in October 2003. It was one of the best decisions that I made. I decided to become a research canadate to see if the prodisc will work. I am happy to report its almost 10 years since the surgery and I would do it again in a heart beat. I am still a research canadate and had X-rays taken last week. I was informed by the researchers that though the Prodisc was approved by the FDA, insurance companies will not pay for it. I ask Why? Then I thought how about writing to the insurance companies, and tell them how this surgery helped me. I have no clue on how to begin this process. Before the ADR surgery I was falling so much that I had to walk with a cane. I was losing more work time, and that really bothered me as I love my job. I can feel both of my legs, and I am now working full time. I am walking everyday without pain, that is a bonus. My back will ache from time to time, but if I take an advil it goes away. I want to tell people that there is hope out there, especially when a fusion is out of the question. I had 3 discs damaged, but with the prodisc surgery the other 2 discs are doing well. I also wanted to tell ppl that there is hope, and I am a living testimate for that.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: ADR Prodisc Surgery

I'm glad it has worked out for you. Some people have good luck with ADR and others live to regret their decision. As you mentioned, many insurance carriers still consider it an experimental procedure and are not covering the cost.

Who knows what will happen in the future as Obamacare is implemented. I personally think it will change the way spine surgeons perform their jobs and we have yet to find out how this will impact those of us with spine issues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread