It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #16
(female)

wigado1 HB User
Re: L5/S1 Recovery

Thanks for the replies, it feels like the muscle I think, it's different to what the pain felt like before surgery. I have Flexeril that I take at night. I mentioned it at my 2 week follow up. Dr didn't seem to concerned about it at the time.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:42 PM   #17
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

[QUOTE=wigado1;5126281]Thanks for the replies, it feels like the muscle I think, it's different to what the pain felt like before surgery. I have Flexeril that I take at night. I mentioned it at my 2 week follow up. Dr didn't seem to concerned about it at the time.[/QUOTE]

Dear wiado, I remember that i thought that i would die without muscle relaxers i had to take them in the day even when i was only taking pain medicine ar night & the dr told me muscle spasms can pull on the nerves. Does the prescribing info on the flexeril bottle say to take it during the day? If yes i would have to call & get a different one that i could take in day because flexeril makes me so sleepy & while on phone let the dr know about the new pain. I hope that this gets better soon!

Last edited by gmak; 01-31-2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: typos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #18
(female)

Corryn78 HB User

My legs hurt terribly, for months. They ached and I felt like it would never go away. I had to stay on top of my meds, just about every 4 hours. I hope you find some relief.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #19
(female)

Bigmamaree HB User
Smile Re: L5/S1 Recovery

I had the TLIF on 1/2 and recovery is coming along. I had very bad spasms for quite some time, I thought they were never gonna go away. PT had taught me techniques of calming the spasm and relaxing it from getting out of control, and it has really helped. I also have nerve pain the goes down the left leg...when I rest it, it is fine and hardly noticeable. But after I walk or PT, the nerves decide to kick in and I'm downing pain meds. I wanted to be off of the pain meds by now, but I guess we are given them for a reason!! I just want to start driving soon!!! Besides from that recovery is slow, I'm always tired, and I'm just taking things one day at a time!!!

Old 02-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #20
(female)

curlygirl118 HB User
Smile Re: L5/S1 Recovery

Hi,
I had surgery on 3rd Sept 2012. I reacted badly to the surgery and had to return to hospital for another week.
I have had a very slow recovery, I have not allowed myself to give up and am now managing to walk the dog daily, swim on a regular basis and use my push bike.
However..... I have been getting the exact same pain in my right hip that I had before surgery, I let it go for a while but it got to the point that I had a slight limp whilst walking. I have pain in my thigh and find it difficult to get up and down from the sofa/dining table at the end of the day.
I saw my physio and she suggested I take things easy for a couple of weeks and that if things hadn't calmed down she would refer me back to the consultant.
I am really hoping that it is not a further prolapse, I don't think I could bear the surgery again. I have the feeling that things are not right though which is pretty deflating since I have worked so hard to get better!!!
I have been unable to work for over a year now, I actually don't mind being a stay at home mum but to have the option would be nice....
I have spoken to others about recovery time etc and it appears that we are all so different!
I hope that everyone is feeling ok, its wonderful to find others that have this boring health issue going on!!

Reply Reply