It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
(female)

Blondy95453 HB User
Question Grinding and Popping

I had my L1 replaced with a cage and L2-T12 fused in June 2012. I am up and pretty active but I have popping and grinding in my back when I sleep. Sometimes it's loud enough to wake me up. Other people can hear it and feel it. It's something that happens all the time, on demand, even though I try not to. I've asked my Dr. and he said not to worry that it is most likely scar tissue rubbing over bone or something.. Has anyone heard of this?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Grinding and Popping

Welcome to the board. I guess you have stumped the members of this board. Do you move around a lot when sleeping? Usually popping occurs when one is moving...therefore one would think you would hear this more when you are up during the day rather than sleeping.

Usually the sounds we hear in general that sound like crunching, grinding, popping, etc. come from a ligament snapping across a joint, or something similar -- not from hardware itself, although I suppose it is possible if something is loose and rubbing against another piece of medal.

Have you had a x-ray recently to see if hardware is in place? How are you doing otherwise with your recovery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
back pain, fusion recovery, grinding, popping, post -op