It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
(female)

feelnbroke HB User
My poor aching back!!!

I drive forklift for a living for the past year and a half ive never had back pain before now its non stop i have sleepless nights trying to find a comfortable position what can i do or take for the pain and discomfort changing jobs is not an option and i have no insurance any advice will be deeply appreciated

Old 01-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: My poor aching back!!!

[QUOTE=feelnbroke;5115791]I drive forklift for a living for the past year and a half ive never had back pain before now its non stop i have sleepless nights trying to find a comfortable position what can i do or take for the pain and discomfort changing jobs is not an option and i have no insurance any advice will be deeply appreciated [/QUOTE]

Hi feenbroke, I take really long hot, soaking baths & it helps as much as medicine. Also, i use a TENS unit, but the dr told me how to use mine. Also, i use heating pad & ice packs & maybe, get a new mattress. I cant take any over the counter analgesics because they cause really bad stomach pain even ulcers & acetominophen i cant take for more than a couple of days , bad for liver & kidneys. So if i had nothing else in the way of analgesics i would have to take enteric coated aspirin. Do you do back stretching exercises? Wear a back brace when working? I hope that you get better, if I had any signs of nerve compression ( pain down leg, tingling, numbmess etc) i would go to the dr anyway.

Last edited by gmak; 01-25-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: wording

The Following User Says Thank You to gmak For This Useful Post:
feelnbroke (01-11-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
(male)

deanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB User
Re: My poor aching back!!!

Walking in a pool helped me at first years ago. Gmak gave great advice as usual.

The Following User Says Thank You to deanh For This Useful Post:
gmak (01-11-2013)
Closed Thread