It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
(female)

seasidemelly HB User
Can anyone recommend back surgeon in Orange County, CA

I have been dealing with back pain and flare-ups for many years now and have visited with doctors to discuss surgery in the past. Most doctors do not want to perform surgery because my scenario is not so 'slam dunk'. My leg pain went away years ago and now I am stuck with the occasional flare-ups that are debilitating. The problem is that the flare-ups literally put my life to a halt. I had 3 epidurals a year ago and they kept me out of pain for a year. And now I am waiting to get another round of them. But, then I think how long can I do that for?! So, I am ready to have surgery with the right doc of course which I have not found. Anybody have good results with lower back surgery with a doc in Orange County, Los Angeles area? I am left with severe degeneration of my L5-S1 region and it is pretty much bone on bone. I am thinking fusion or artificial disc surgery will be what they want to do. Also, does anybody recommend artificial disc replacement over straight fusion? Pros, cons?

Old 01-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: Can anyone recommend back surgeon in Orange County, CA

Are you willing to wait for the stem cell treatment?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
(female)

seasidemelly HB User

[QUOTE=nochange;5118906]Are you willing to wait for the stem cell treatment?[/QUOTE]

I am not familiar with this for treating the back...

Old 01-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #4
(female)

Bionic neck HB User

Dr. Miguel Prietto who practices in Santa Ana, CA St. Joseph's Hospital. His practice is called OSI and offices are on Main St. Very well respected surgeon.

Hope you find help soon. I will pray

The Following User Says Thank You to Bionic neck For This Useful Post:
seasidemelly (01-19-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

Somebody in our forum has just talked about the new treatment called stem cell treatment for degenration of the spinal cord. They say it's soon to be approved by the FDA.

If you have been suffering from back pain for so many years...then wait for a year or two.

We have seen worst cases than yours in our forum,ie people taking pain meds for life cause of back pain.
Or sometimes back surgery can make back pain worse.

I would wait for the new treatment.

Last edited by nochange; 01-20-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
(female)

seasidemelly HB User

[QUOTE=nochange;5120040]Somebody in our forum has just talked about the new treatment called stem cell treatment for degenration of the spinal cord. They say it's soon to be approved by the FDA.

If you have been suffering from back pain for so many years...then wait for a year or two.

We have seen worst cases than yours in our forum,ie people taking pain meds for life cause of back pain.
Or sometimes back surgery can make back pain worse.

I would wait for the new treatment.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is really exciting news to hear. I looked into it and it turns out that there is a doctor that does stem cell therapy for the back in Orange County. His name is Dr. G. "Ty" Thaiyananthan. Anyways, this does look very promising. I am doing an epidural tomorrow to get me through this flare-up and hope to hear more news about the stem cell therapy. Thanks for informing me about this!

Closed Thread