It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User
MRI - Thoracic

Hi all. For those of who know me, you know I have had extensive spine issues over the years.

And most recently I went thru an Intrathecal Pain Pump which placed the catheter at the T-10 level.

It has been a week since the permanent implant and overall I feel good - relief from the implant.

But I was sitting here thinking. I have had numerous surgeries to the cervical area which required Harrington Rods from C3 to T4/5 levels and Harrington Rods from L2 down.

I have been thru countless MRI's over the past 25 years. I thought I would review the "Thoracic MRI's."

Here is a brief summary of the MRI's:

--- 1989 No abnormalities found;
--- 1996 Degenerative changes early annular bulges at T4-5 to T7-8. T6-7 or T7-8 small disc herniation;
--- 1999 T7-8 Right paramedian herniation 6 mm Negative for stenosis; T8-9 Right disc herniation 10 mm. Negative for stenosis;
--- 2000 T7-8 T8-9 herniations as previously noted;
--- 2002 T7-8; T8-9 degenerative changes with sponylosis;
--- 2004 Osteophyte formation at T7-8 and T8-9;
--- 2012 small disc protrusions and disc bulges at multipe levels. negative fro stenosis

--- 2002 Thoracic spine MYELOGRAM ... mislinw partially calcified herniateiion at T5-6 disc bulge to the right at T6-7; broad based hernation at T7-8 with evidence of probable right sided cord impingement. small right posterolateral disc protrusion at T8-9

Any opinins on the findings in the MRI's of the Thoracic area? I was always taught that the thoracic area is the least likely area to be affected by spine issues. It is well protected by the cervical and lumbar regions.

With all my other spine issues can the problems in the thoracic area ultimately have an impact on the other areas of my spine?

Wont one area impact another as far as pain etc?

Just curous as to your thoughts on the findings. Thanks for any input.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread