It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

bertybasset HB User
Burst T12 CHRONIC PAIN CONTINUES - ADVICE PLEASE

six years ago i was knocked of my bicycle by a car driver result unstable burst t12 problem with lower spine and dislocations, have ben told spine collapsing causing berve compression. so now have cramping in left foot very tight in ball of foot. I cannot feel my hands in the morning on waking very bad pins and needles both hands and elbows arms painful, usual shoulder/neck upper back pain. chronic pain daily, on morphine slow release pain meds diazapam as muscle relaxant. anyone else experiencing the elbow arm pain and numbness? also hips really hurt now due to compression on nerves....... would love to hear from someone.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User
Re: Burst T12 CHRONIC PAIN CONTINUES - ADVICE PLEASE

Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about all your problems.

Here is my story;

-- 1988 traction lumbar bulges;
-- 1994 surgery lumbar herniations;
-- 1995 surgery cervical stenosis;
-- 1997 surgery lumbar w/Harrington Rods;
-- 2000 surgery cervical/thoracic with Harrington Rods;
-- 2003 surgery left leg blood clot;
-- 2006 Spinal Cord stimulator implanted for pain;
-- 2007 pancreactic cancer surgery;
-- 2011 Spinal Cord stimulator removed;
-- 2012 "Trial" Intrathecal Pain pump for pain; morphine pump;
-- 2013 "Permanent" Intrathecal Pain Pump implanted

I have various issues in the spine. There is myelomalcia of the cervical spine; focal cord atrophy; bone spurs; Thoracic there are protrusions/mild bulges and mild stenosis; LUMBAR area there are issues but due to Harrington Rods can not get clear MRI films.

EMG shows severe nerve damage in the neck and low back; arthritis and peripheral neuropathy from spine and diabetes.

Surgically on the neck no one wants to touch me. Too much has been done and too many health risks for more Major surgery.

I heve neuropathy in both legs; left being the worse. Loss of balance issues; feelings of pins and needles in foot/toes. Burning sensation on ocassion.

In the neck I have radiating pain to the shoulers; weakness in the hands/fingers. weakness in the arms. A crushing feeling at times of the spine it feels like my spine is in a vice and someone is crushing it more and more. But that goes and comes.

Not much they can do for the neck.

But what is working for me in the pain area is the intrathecal pain pump. It is a combination of Dilaudid and Bupivacaine which is an anesthetic/epidural type of medication.

In the past I have been on fentanyl patches; neurontin. oxydocone; baclofen; spinal cord stimularot I mentioned above. And also now Hydrocodone and Tizanidine. The intrathecal pain pump is the only thing that I can rave about as to how much it is helping me. I havent felt this good in years.

Good luck in finding an answer to your problems

The Following User Says Thank You to pebblebeach3 For This Useful Post:
bertybasset (01-24-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
(female)

georgie782 HB Usergeorgie782 HB Usergeorgie782 HB Usergeorgie782 HB Usergeorgie782 HB User
Re: Burst T12 CHRONIC PAIN CONTINUES - ADVICE PLEASE

Hi everyone, Hear is my story. I had a 3 level lumbar fusion anterior posterior, it all failes and now liven on meds. I have clogged arteries in both legs and i go in for more test on the nerves in my legs and back. My hips hurt to touch as are my legs and feet. My Doc. the other day well last month put me on Lyrica and it was helping but those we sampels and I cant afford to pay for them so I guess I will have to go back to gabapentin I was taking 600mg. tabs 5 times aday. so my question is does anyone know if there is a place to go to get help with the cost. I went on the site SCBN and as a fool gave all my info on the phone banking 3s and all and then read there not what they claim they are. God I get so tied up in searching for help and believeing and then get the shaft. Now I have to go change my account and it makes me feel like a fool. I cant go to the welfare cause we own our home and any money they give for your needs gets taken when you die so they could and would put a lien on the house. So now I am lost trying to get help. Lrycia cost almost 300.00 a month. Well thankyou for the time to vent and I wish you all the best. Georgie782.

Closed Thread