It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
(male)

RDJ1957 HB User
MRI Cervical

Hello I'm new here just wanted to get some intake on me result's. A rounded lesion in the c6 vertebral body contains some internal No aggressive marrow signal changes are observed. The signal intensity of the spinal cord is normal aside from a thin linear fluid signal centrally within the cord at c6 and c7.Signal intensity of the other visualized neural structures is normal. Degererative disc desiccation is seen throughout.....c2-3 ok c3-4 Some mild annular bulge is seen and there is left sided uncovertebral spurring which mildly narrows the medial aspect of the left foramen. Some mild degenerative facet arthropathy is seen on the left. The central canal canal and right foramen are widely patent. C4-5 A mild degree of disc narrowing is present. Left posterolateral protrusion and left uncovertebral spurring impress the left ventral thecal sac and result in moderate left left foraminal stenosis. The right foramen is patent and there is no cord compression. C5-6 Mild non-compressive annular bulge with some mild left-sided uncovertebral spurring. The central canal and foramina are patent. C6-7 Moderate disc narrowing with some increased T1 and T2 signal in the central disc. There is endplate and uncovertebral spurring as well as diffuse disc bulge or protrusion slightly worse on the left resulting in moderate left foraminal stenosis. The right foramen is only mildly encroached upon. There is ventral cord contact and slight compression. C7-T1 Slight annular bulge with evidence of partial annular tear in the midline but no disc herniation or foraminal nerve root impingement.T1 there is a mild anterior wedge-shaped apperance of this vertebral body with non-compressive annular bulge at T1-2......Sorry for long post but put what they sent me thank's ..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: MRI Cervical

Hi Rdj1957, Welcome to the backboard. What symptoms are you having & when do you see the neurosurgeon? Im sorry that i cant be more help to you I have a lumbar history and from reading your mri can see that there are some things that are considered mild or moderate & are probably not pain generators other things like annular tears, bone spurs certainly may be causing pain also the thin, fluid line in the cord is not defined as myelomalacia & the signal in the vertebral body @ C6 is not explained further either so I think that the neurosurgeon/ spine orthopedic is the next step, however, there are many knowledgeable people on this board that could offer a better explanation. I just wanted to say welcome & i am sorry this is happening to you & i understand back pain & nerve symptoms if you need a listening ear because ive had multiple back surgeries. I hope that your neck/ back symptoms can be resolved soon. Thank you.

Last edited by gmak; 01-31-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: punctuation, wording

Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
(male)

RDJ1957 HB User

Thank's Gmak the neursurgen wants to remove my c6 disc and take bone from my hip and put it in there.....................

Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

[QUOTE=RDJ1957;5125972]Thank's Gmak the neursurgen wants to remove my c6 disc and take bone from my hip and put it in there.....................[/QUOTE]

Hi RDJ, Im sorry that idk much at alll about fusions except nerve compression symptoms & to look @ a dermatome map to see exactly which areas of the body are innervated by the C6 nerve root. What did the neurosurgeon tell you i.e. name of surgery, what is causing your pain, etc What treatments have you already tried like epidural steroid injections, PT etc?

Last edited by gmak; 01-31-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: typo & question

Closed Thread