It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
(male)

pubbies HB Userpubbies HB Userpubbies HB Userpubbies HB User
upper right buttock pain

Hey everyone,

Been a while, hope everyone is well. Lately, I've been getting this upper center buttock pain. I don't believe its sciatica because I usually feel it a bit lower. This pain has been constant for about a week, sometimes worse than others, and sometimes feels like it locks up and get shooting pains. I don't know what may have caused this to happen but it started after sitting down for about 3 hours straight. It's always something. I am thinking its the SI joints but I have no idea I'm not a DR lol. I need to make an appt, just any input would be nice. Thanks!

Old 01-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: upper right buttock pain

[QUOTE=pubbies;5126102]Hey everyone,

Been a while, hope everyone is well. Lately, I've been getting this upper center buttock pain. I don't believe its sciatica because I usually feel it a bit lower. This pain has been constant for about a week, sometimes worse than others, and sometimes feels like it locks up and get shooting pains. I don't know what may have caused this to happen but it started after sitting down for about 3 hours straight. It's always something. I am thinking its the SI joints but I have no idea I'm not a DR lol. I need to make an appt, just any input would be nice. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hi pubbies, When i get SI joint pain it always seems that it is "making much ado about nothing" because it hurts so bad with nothing surgically wrong! There are little indentions on either side of the spinal columnn about the level of the upper hip & that is where my si joints are & where they hurt. I also get grabbing pains like it catches, feels like what i imagine arthritis to feel like, a sharp ache? & I get them injected with numbing agent & a steroid by the NS or pain dr right in the office visit not under fluoroscopy. I have a history of IBD, ulcers & otc or prescription NSAIDS are contraindicated for me now but i used to take ibuprofen for a week & it helped so much. If i was unsure if it was the SI joint, like if this was the first or second time for me to have this I would make a dr appt to be diagnosed & treated. I hope it gets better for you pubbies.

Last edited by gmak; 01-31-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: typo info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
(male)

pubbies HB Userpubbies HB Userpubbies HB Userpubbies HB User

Thanks Gmak,

I'm curious to what it can be. I feel it in my hip too I forgot to mention, and sometimes when its radiating it almost feels like it wraps around my hip? Does that make sense. A sharp ache, cramp, when I push down in the area I can't find the "pain spot". Sure does feel funny though.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

[QUOTE=pubbies;5126301]Thanks Gmak,

I'm curious to what it can be. I feel it in my hip too I forgot to mention, and sometimes when its radiating it almost feels like it wraps around my hip? Does that make sense. A sharp ache, cramp, when I push down in the area I can't find the "pain spot". Sure does feel funny though.[/QUOTE]

Dear pubbies , Thats so funny that you said "sharp ache" to describe the pain because I actually thought sharp ache when thinking how the SI pain felt & trying to describe it to you earlier & thought it sounded too weird.

Last edited by gmak; 02-01-2013 at 05:33 AM.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Hi try taking a tennis ball putting it on the floor and laying/sitting on it and massing the area. Does it recreate the pzin?i have problems with this as well from an old motorcycle wreck landed on my butt so there is some scare tissue in there too. Also there are some stretches you can look up for it. There's that video site that shows a lot of them. Cathy

Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

I don't really know what it is, but it may be the piriformis muscle that is taut. It gets way from sitting too long. It attaches over by the hip and runs across the buttock over to the sacrum.

Look up "piriformis syndrome" and there are usually one or two specific "exercises" you can do to see if the piriformis muscle is being affected. There are stretches that you can do to provide relief. It shouldn't hurt anything to give them a try.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

You know I was thinking the same thing! Cathy

Reply Reply