It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
(male)

Lv2fish HB User
Day 4 post op 3 level lumbar fusion

Hello,

Well I had the PLIF fusion, Facetomy and Laminectomy on l3/4, l4/5, and l5/s1 on Feb 1 things went pretty well from what I was told. The surgery was 8 hours long, i dont recall it being that long. If anyone wants to know YES it hurts very bad. Get the drugs in you and get moving as much as possible. The muscle spasm drugs is what helped me most. Don't just lay in bed hurting, that just makes it worst , for me any how. I constantly tried to keep my legs & feet moving. I was told to try to lay on my sides as much as I can. I was released from the hospital after 4 days which the they thought was great and attributed it to moving as much as possible. At night it hurt the worst because I wasn't able to get out the bed and walk in the walker at all. Well just thought I would share my story. Hopefully it continues to get better and better. I will update again next week. Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Day 4 post op 3 level lumbar fusion

Nice to hear from you and to know you have made it through the worst part.

Remember to take short frequent walks to help to prevent scar tissue from attaching to the nerves as it forms and fills in after surgery. Limit sitting to 15-20 minutes at a time. Drinks lots of fluids. Rest. It takes energy to grow new bone cells so plenty of rest is important not only for recovery but to grow that fusion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
(male)

Lv2fish HB User
Re: Day 4 post op 3 level lumbar fusion

Tomorrow is week 3 things going good still tired and some soreness but much better than before. Biggest issue can't sit up very long at all. Waking about an hour a day in three different sessions. Hope it continues so far I'm very happy. Thanks

Closed Thread