It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
(female)

nicnac16 HB User
MRI Results

Hi everyone,

New here and looking for some help interpreting MRI results. I've been having some lower back pain for a while and will be seeing an orthopaedist in a couple weeks. Thanks.

FINDINGS: The paraspinal soft tissues are unremarkable. T1 bright osseous
hemangioma is seen involving the L4 vertebral body. Vertebral body heights and alignment are maintained. Posterior annular fissure is noted involving L4-5.
Mild disc space narrowing and disc desiccation are noted involving L5-S1. Conus medullaris terminates normally at L1.

The following levels were evaluated axially:
At L2-3, the posterior margin of the disc, thecal sac and neural foramina are unremarkable.

At L3-4, the posterior margin of the disc, thecal sac and neural foramina are unremarkable.

At L4-5, there is mild broad-based posterior disc bulge. There is no evidence of spinal stenosis or neural foraminal narrowing.

At L5-S1, there is mild broad-based posterior disc bulge. There is no evidence of spinal stenosis or neural foraminal narrowing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Impression:
IMPRESSION: Mild lower lumbar spine degenerative changes. No evidence of spinal
stenosis or neural foraminal narrowing at any of the visualized levels.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
(female)

KG5634 HB UserKG5634 HB User
Re: MRI Results

I am by NO MEANS an expert...I have had a number of MRI's myself. Basically when they say it is "unremarkable" they are saying that there isn't anything out of the ordinary. It seems they have found a slight disc bulge between L5/S1 and the disk bulge itself is in the posterior area meaning toward your back, as opposed to forward or off to the sides. No stenosis means there is no narrowing of the spinal column. It basically concludes saying there are some degenerative changes in the lumbar (low back) area. This is in all likely hood referring to the disk bulge at that area. I hope that helps some. If you call your dr they can tell you exactly what they feel is going on. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
(male)

Daffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB User
Re: MRI Results

Not a qualified evaluator either, but have also had a lot of MRIs over the years. Yours reads about as clear as they come. Expect doctor to assume soft tissue strain/sprain, not spine problem, and start some limited PT to get you started on home program of exercises for lower back. Alternating icing and heating frequently can help speed recovery and comfort. I would look into deep tissue massage. Some chiropractors are very good at this, as well as designing targeted exercise programs. So are some Physical Therapists. Good Luck! There are many excellent PTs and Chiros out there. Unfortunately there are also just as many quacks.

Closed Thread