It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #31
(male)

capsdad HB Usercapsdad HB User
Re: Microdiscectomy l5-s1

I was just a passenger for about a half hour. Wow. The pain is insane. This was my first car ride since the surgery and it was a big mistake. I'm worried it didn't work or there is a new problem. Hearing how u guys are feeling having the surgery about the same time as me is starting to worry me a lot. At my best during the day, I'm highly uncomfortable

Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #32
(female)

Calin HB UserCalin HB UserCalin HB User

Try not to worry. I tend to worry too and I know it does not help. When will you have the results of your MRI? I know nerves take a long time to heal. Try to stay positive and hopefully you will have some more answers soon. I'm trying to take one day at a time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #33
(male)

Well I'm having a prob getting the MRI approval. It's been a nightmare for 5 months. Work comp bs. If it gets approved I should get it early next week. I shouldn't worry but it's hard not to when u have so much down time. The hardest part is not being able to do literally anything. No PT for another 6-8 weeks. Plus it's hard not playing with my kids. Plus hearing a lot of people telling me its not normal does t help my case.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

Do you think they would approve surgery if you need it?

Old 02-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #35
(male)

I tried to get an MRI at a place near me since riding in the car is extremely painful. They denied that because it wasn't in a hospital. So the place they want me to go is 50 mins away. Ridiculous. This work comp process is ****. It's been nothing less than a nightmare. It shouldn't have taken 5 months to get surgery. I can't start PT for 10 after surgery. PT is 2-3 months. I could be out of work up to 9 months! Ill prolly lose my job. So many doc mistakes that cost me 2months because of screwed up paperwork. Right after I got hurt I was told I HAD to see my work provided work comp doc. The doc told me they weren't allowed to treat me but I wasn't allowed to see anyone else. Hand to god the doc told me to go buy percocets on the street!!

Old 02-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #36
(female)

shelsers75 HB Usershelsers75 HB Usershelsers75 HB User

hi capsad, i havnt posted in a while had no laptop, got a new one now so im back iv suffered with chronic back and leg pain for 10 yrs and i had a l5 s1 disectomy in october. i saw your post and how much your suffering just wanted to let you know i was like that after my surgery. my surgical pain was fine it was my leg hip and back that was causing the agony. they had to put me on stronger morphine and neurontin for the nerve pain, it did help ease the pain but 2 weeks in i thought i was going insane with the pain, it just increased tenfold it wasnt surgical pain again it was hip and leg, i couldnt sleep or eat, but after a week it did calm down and i was able to start walking and doing things again. i had a good few weeks after that some good days some bad ones. i know my surgery didnt work they told me the day after surgery but they are at a loss as to what is actually wrong. i just wanted to say that i was in agony and it did start feeling better i thought it was never going to stop, i know how you feel, but im up now cleaning walking playing with the kids. please feel free to ask any questions, take care, shelsers

Old 02-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #37
(male)

My MRI is 2maro and it will be read Tuesday when I have my stitches out. I almost want them to find something so they can fix it. I'm afraid of them not finding anything and having no clue why I'm in so much pain. I'm really getting worried. I can barely ride in a car, my calf feels like its being strangled, my *** cheek feels like when someone pushed into a big ole ripe bruise and throbbing pain from cheek to ankle

The following user gives a hug of support to capsdad:
Calin (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #38
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

Remember to ask for a copy of the MRI and the radiology report. It is a good idea to keep a personal file of the tests and results and any other information that may be relavant now or in the future. It is easier to get the MRI at the time of service than to have to go back, fill out forms, etc.

Good luck tomorrow. Are you going to be able to lie on your back long enough to get the MRI?

Last edited by teteri66; 02-24-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #39
(male)

Bad news. My disc reherniated. They're gonna try to give me a dif kind of epidural next week than see the doc two weeks after that. If that doesn't work than surgery part 2. I'm one of the lucky 5%.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #40
(female)

Calin HB UserCalin HB UserCalin HB User

I'm so sorry to hear that! But at least you have an answer and a plan to get through it. Good luck!! Keep us posted.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #41
(male)

I'm scared. I'm worried about the quality of my life when I get older. I'm sacred of a second operation and wondering of that will work.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #42
(male)

deanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB Userdeanh HB User
I had the same, doc did a denisys which was fine but my spinal column was permanent scarred and finally 6 years later a peripheral SCS is covering my pain. I waited 1 year to have the disk removed, 8 months after first surgery. Do not wait is my only suggestion.

Closed Thread