It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
(female)

rianfo HB User
Pain -- Back right side -- Just below my shoulder

On Saturday, I was walking out of my house, and slipped on a pretty nasty patch of ice, resulting in me slipping down one stair. At that time, my shoulder was in a lot of pain, with slight numbness in my finger. (My shoulder landed on the step up, and my body continued to slide down.)
I attributed the pain to a slight overextension, as I've had that happen a time or two in the past. I relaxed it Saturday, and Sunday the pain had significantly decreased. By Monday, I was fine.
Today, however, I woke up with a moderate to severe pain in my back. The pain is on the right side, located just beneath my shoulder blade. The pain seems to resonate to my shoulder and down to my fingers from time to time, but the pain in the back is constant, though with varying degrees depending upon a movement.
I have a feeling it's just a minor strain, however, I work at a computer all day long, and I'm right handed, meaning my arm shifts from mouse to keyboard many many times a day, meaning it's almost impossible for me to rest it, ice it, elevate it, or just give it healing time.
Is there anything I can do to help ease the healing process that wouldn't interfere with my work?

Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
(male)

Daffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB UserDaffydolphin HB User
Re: Pain -- Back right side -- Just below my shoulder

Get up from the computer every 30 (max 60) minutes for a minute or two. Try a vigorous deep tissue/sports massage. Consider a good hand-on chiropractor, not one with all the gimmick machines.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread