It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2003, 05:49 PM   #1
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User
Lightbulb FINALLY getting rid of blackheads!!

Just thought I'd share that I've found the greatest blackhead remedy!

I use a facial sauna for about 10-15 minutes and one of those battery operated pore suctioners and follow with a toner (to close the pores afterwards) and it has done miracles!! I've heard you can use a pot of boiling water with a towel over your head instead of a facial sauna but I found the sauna and the pore suctioner for only $16 at Rite-Aid so I bought them.

I've had deep, deep blackheads for years in my nose and cheek areas and have tried everything to get rid of them. This treatment doesn't get rid of all of the blackheads at once, but each time I do it, it gets rid of more and more and they don't get clogged again. My pores are looking so good - I feel like I'm getting my pre-teenage skin back!!

Anyone else try this?
J.

EDD 01/12/04 With baby #1 - Joshua James

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User
Re: FINALLY getting rid of blackheads!!

Cool, thank you for that tip. I also have quite a few blackheads on my nose and cheeks. They're tiny, but every time I get them to go away, they come RIGHT back b/c I have large pores.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 10:37 AM   #3

TranscendingAbyss HB User

How often are you doing it to keep them gone though?

Old 12-11-2003, 01:37 PM   #4

summer603 HB User
That's great. I've planned on getting a facial steamer/sauna for a while now. What brand do you have? You could try buying some chamomile and putting it in the water. I hear that it helps a lot to clean out your pores, etc.

Old 12-11-2003, 02:55 PM   #5
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User

I do the routine only once a week (if that) to keep my pores clear. The important thing is the toner. That closes the pores back up afterwards, helping prevent them from getting clogged again.

I'm at work and not sure of the brand of facial sauna I have but I'm sure any will do. Those battery operated pore suctioners can be bought at the drug store also (Rite-Aid, Savon, etc.). I've heard good things about the chamomile also so go for it!!

Also, be sure to wash your face beforehand so it's clean. I can't believe the results I've had with this! Let me know how you make out if you try it!
J.

Old 12-11-2003, 09:29 PM   #6

summer603 HB User
If you don't mind me asking.. what brand of toner do you use? I've only tried one or two toners in my life and didn't really care for either.. Thanks!

Old 12-12-2003, 03:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I don't steam my face, but about a month ago i began using witch hazel to cleans/tone. I used to exfoliate my face twice per week and my nose used too feel slightly rough really fast, tempting me to exfoliate more. Since using the witch hazel i'm amazed at the results. I've only been exfoliating once every two weeks now and my nose always tends to feel smooth.

The witch hazel is a natural cleanser, toner, deporer and can be used on face, chest, back etc after steaming or without any steaming. If you leave it in the refrigerator and then apply it cold, it's very refreshing and invigorating.

Old 12-12-2003, 10:46 AM   #8

whereami HB User

I'm wondering how this pore suctioner works.....its battery operated?

Old 12-12-2003, 11:25 AM   #9
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User

About the pore "suctioner" - yes, it's battery operated and it looks kind of like a shaver but instead it has a little suction cup on the end. When you turn it on, it's like a tiny vaccuum and it sucks dirt out of your open pores (that's why it's important to steam your face first to open your pores). Sounds like it wouldn't work (I'm always skeptical) but it really does and cleans out more each time you use it.

As far as toner - I'm using Netrogena (I think it's Pore Refining Toner). The only reason I'm using it is to clean off the excess dirt and to close the pores afterwards. I don't use it daily, just in this routine. Closing your pores is so important to keep them from getting clogged again. If you are someone who uses toner all the time to clean, I would agree with Audrey-B and use witch hazel. The more natural your products, the better!

Happy cleansing and getting rid of those nasty blackheads!!
J.

Old 12-12-2003, 10:52 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

I just bought a facial sauna and the suctioner. I can't rest my face on the sauna though because I can't breath, LOL! Do you have that problem? I only used them both once. The suctioner...I thought of returning because it didn't seem to suction enough? It is the Igia brand one....it's purple. I only used them one time and nothing looked any better yet. Does it take a long time? I am using a toner too.

I have had blackheads since a teen....very deep on my nose and cheeks. Nothing ever helped...will this? How long will it take?

Closed Thread