It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2003, 07:44 AM   #1
Veteran

robste HB User
Unhappy Highlights Are Too Light

I colored my hair about a week ago with the 2 step hair coloring & highlighting kit from Loreal. My hair color is very dark brown with a slight reddish tint, and the highlights are dark reddish blonde. For me, the highlights came out too light (I left on the mixture too long), but I am very happy with the base color.

Does anyone know of a way to darken the highlights somewhat without darkening my whole head of hair? Should I just buy regular haircolor in a light brown shade or something and just use it on the highlights to darken them?

Or do I need to just re-color my whole head of hair?

Old 12-15-2003, 08:23 AM   #2

iloveryan HB User
Re: Highlights Are Too Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by robste
I colored my hair about a week ago with the 2 step hair coloring & highlighting kit from Loreal. My hair color is very dark brown with a slight reddish tint, and the highlights are dark reddish blonde. For me, the highlights came out too light (I left on the mixture too long), but I am very happy with the base color.

Does anyone know of a way to darken the highlights somewhat without darkening my whole head of hair? Should I just buy regular haircolor in a light brown shade or something and just use it on the highlights to darken them?

Or do I need to just re-color my whole head of hair?
i would just leave it or buy brownish red hair dye

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2003, 03:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi,
You could try Clairol Loving Care (Type 1 lasts 6 - 12 shampoos) in an ash blonde, OR the Loving Care (Type 2 lasts about 24 shampoos) in the same colour to colour over it. That should tone down the red and darken it a bit. It shouldn't do too much change on your regular hair, but if you could do just the streaks, it should work. I would be hesitant to suggest a light brown since the level is fairly dark, but up to you. It will eventually wash out mostly, but will probably do a great job to tone down the red. With red, you can use ash over to counter it for a more neutral tone.

If you have access to a beauty supplier, you could try Redken Shades EQ 7NB which would tone down the hilights colour and shouldn't do noticable altering of the dark colour the rest of your hair. It will also make your hair feel vunderful dahling!

Lets us know what you tried. Oh.....there are also shampoos that have colour in them....if you chose one for brown hair, it might work too.

Best to you,
quincy

Last edited by quincy; 12-16-2003 at 03:51 PM.

Old 12-16-2003, 04:50 PM   #4

Kitty215 HB User

Use a semi-permenant dye such as Natural Instincts or Color Spa. It will only darken your hair, not lighten it. You'd have to pick a color lighter than your base color though otherwise it will darken that as well.

Closed Thread