It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2003, 05:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile Teeth Whiteners... ?!?!

There's a small array of different whitening strips/gels/goops, etc... and I'm curious to know what has worked for all of you!

Such as.....

1) Crest Whitening Strips
2) Rembrant Whitening Wand
3) Crest Night Effects
4) Colgate's Simply White
5) Any whitening toothpastes

I don't know if I got all of them... but have any of you had any results with these? Thanks for any replies!

Old 12-15-2003, 05:49 PM   #2

Cristen81 HB User
Re: Teeth Whiteners... ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely.lady
There's a small array of different whitening strips/gels/goops, etc... and I'm curious to know what has worked for all of you!

Such as.....

1) Crest Whitening Strips
2) Rembrant Whitening Wand
3) Crest Night Effects
4) Colgate's Simply White
5) Any whitening toothpastes

I don't know if I got all of them... but have any of you had any results with these? Thanks for any replies!

I used Crest Whitestrips last summer and they worked great!

some people warned me about my teeth becoming sensitive, but i didn't experience that at all.

hope that helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2003, 07:15 PM   #3

Trevalyn HB User

Crest Whitening Strips by far have helped me as well as my friends... It's not too bad, and does the job great! Costs about $40.00... but I'm sure you can find it for somewhere in the $30's at whatever drug store.

Old 12-15-2003, 07:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

I have used them all and none of them worked for me. I even tried Georges. I don't have any special things on my teeth and the stains are just off white-yellow...so they should work but they don't.

Old 12-16-2003, 06:06 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

Thanks for the replies! Have any of you tried both professional whitening and the whiteners you can buy, and if so how do they compare? I'm thinking of trying the Crest White Strips and money isn't an issue, but I don't want to buy something that doesn't work, obviously! I'm just curious to see what has worked for other people.

Old 12-16-2003, 06:14 AM   #6

iloveryan HB User

ive been using "plus white" and bleaching gel that you leave on your teeth 2 times aday for five minutes ive only used for about 3 days and my teeth already look whiter. you can get it a wal-mart thats where i got it.

Old 12-16-2003, 09:58 AM   #7

xxFreakOfNaturexx HB User

i just started using crest whitestrips a few days ago, and i noticed a difference in about 3 aplications. only thing is, if you drool alot (like me), you have to adjust them frequently, but hey if my teeth are getting whiter i don't mind

and my teeth are not sensitive, i use them twice a day with no problem.

they're around $27, but i have noticed a lot of magazines have $7 off coupons inside them. can't say i remember which ones tho ^_^;;

oh, and by the way i *LOVE* diet cola, i drink like 3 cans a day, and my teeth are *still* getting whiter.

and you can talk to people with the strips on, you just lisp a little.

i have been into tooth-whitening since i was about 9...this is the only thing that has really worked for me. and it's cheap!

Old 12-16-2003, 12:43 PM   #8
(female)

AnitaPita HB User

I have not tried the Crest strips but when I was at the dentist I asked about professional whitening and they told me I would be better off using the whitestrips and saving my $$. They said they work great for those who already have fairly white teeth and that the professional whitening in my case would render the same results as whitestrips. I have been using the Arm and Hammer whitening that says it gets your teeth 2 shades whiter. I am only halfway through the tube, I dont know if my teeth are that much whiter but they do have a nice glowing shiny appearance.

Old 12-16-2003, 04:55 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

Ever since I got my braces off 5 years ago, my teeth have seemed yellowed. I hate it! I've tried several whitening toothpastes and some other whitening stuff, and it hasn't worked for me! So Crest White Strips seem to be the general concensus here- have they not worked for anyone besides Abbey?

Old 12-16-2003, 10:03 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

bluesnowflake HB User

I think I am going to try the aura ear drops (I think that was the name) that another thread on here was talking about... I already have super sensitive teeth, I have considered using the crest stripes, but I have no idea how they will react with the sensitivity my teeth are already pagued with...any ideas?

Old 12-18-2003, 06:39 PM   #11
Veteran

robste HB User

Quote:
Thanks for the replies! Have any of you tried both professional whitening and the whiteners you can buy, and if so how do they compare? I'm thinking of trying the Crest White Strips and money isn't an issue, but I don't want to buy something that doesn't work, obviously! I'm just curious to see what has worked for other people.
I've tried both professional whitening kits (bleaching kit from the dentist's office where they custom make trays to fit your upper & lower teeth with the bleaching gel used for two weeks), and I've also tried some of the over the counter brush on gels.

I've found that the bleaching kit from the dentist's office made a noticeable difference in the white shade of my teeth...I originally got it about three years ago.

Since then, this year, I've tried the Colgate brush on gel (I forgot the exact name), and also the Crest Whitestrips. They don't seem to have gotten my teeth any whiter than the professional kit...but I'm sure they are removing some surface stains.

It's worth it trying the over the counter stuff though before you consider professional bleaching. I'm sure the cost varies from dentist to dentist, but for the custom bleaching trays (upper & lower) and syringes of gel, I think I paid something like $400.00-$500.00 at the dentist office.

I've never had the professional laser whitening done, but I've heard it costs even more.

Old 12-19-2003, 06:27 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

Thanks, robste... I think I'm going to try the Crest White Strips... I'll let you know how they work for me... any other teeth whitening success stories?

Old 12-26-2003, 05:26 PM   #13

sha79 HB User

Quote:
Thanks, robste... I think I'm going to try the Crest White Strips... I'll let you know how they work for me... any other teeth whitening success stories?

My teeth are stained from using iron medication as a child. So they are not yellow but sort of light gray. Weird and I hate them! I have tried countless over the counter whiteners, and also paid $600.00 to have laser whitening done and nothing has worked. My last resort is porcelain veneers which cost about $1000 per tooth! Yikes! I guess I'm doomed to have a "gray" smile forever......

Last edited by sha79; 12-26-2003 at 05:26 PM.

Old 12-26-2003, 09:02 PM   #14
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha79
My teeth are stained from using iron medication as a child. So they are not yellow but sort of light gray. Weird and I hate them! I have tried countless over the counter whiteners, and also paid $600.00 to have laser whitening done and nothing has worked. My last resort is porcelain veneers which cost about $1000 per tooth! Yikes! I guess I'm doomed to have a "gray" smile forever......
Really?? Have you tried this Auro Ear Drop thing that everyone is raving about? And also have you tried the professional dentist gel/tray thing? My brother and sister both tried the professional whitening, and they both have gorgeous white teeth... I just want to try something alternative beforehand. I'm using Crest White Strips, but I've only been using them for 2 days now... I'm seeing an improvement though. I hope you can find something that works... veneers.... that's a lot of money!

Old 12-27-2003, 06:08 AM   #15

sha79 HB User

Quote:
Really?? Have you tried this Auro Ear Drop thing that everyone is raving about? And also have you tried the professional dentist gel/tray thing? My brother and sister both tried the professional whitening, and they both have gorgeous white teeth... I just want to try something alternative beforehand. I'm using Crest White Strips, but I've only been using them for 2 days now... I'm seeing an improvement though. I hope you can find something that works... veneers.... that's a lot of money!

Haven't tried the ear drops yet...kind of weird though! Yes, I have tried the dental whitening with the trays and the laser whitening. I don't know what else to do. I sure can't afford veneers!

Closed Thread