It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2004, 09:59 PM   #1
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User
Should I get my eyebrows waxed?

Hi
I have kinda bushy black eyebrows. The thing with me is that they have in my opinion very little shape or allure. I've seen a lot of guys who have really awesome black eyebrows that are shaped and they seem to draw a lot of attention. Sometimes I notice that the other guys eyebrows have arcs and I really think that is awesome. I am wondering if spending money on getting my eyebrows waxed will do the trick? I've never done it before and don't know much about it. I really want to go for the hot look but not the girly look.

Last edited by wannabehotguy; 01-18-2004 at 10:00 PM.

Old 01-18-2004, 10:07 PM   #2

blank HB User
Re: Should I get my eyebrows waxed?

on the subject...

how many guys out there pluck/wax their eyebrows?? even just a little.

also...how do you trim them? i notice mine get pretty damn long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2004, 11:20 PM   #3

dagmarharris HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabehotguy
Hi
I have kinda bushy black eyebrows. The thing with me is that they have in my opinion very little shape or allure. I've seen a lot of guys who have really awesome black eyebrows that are shaped and they seem to draw a lot of attention. Sometimes I notice that the other guys eyebrows have arcs and I really think that is awesome. I am wondering if spending money on getting my eyebrows waxed will do the trick? I've never done it before and don't know much about it. I really want to go for the hot look but not the girly look.
Just one opinion from a woman. I get my eyebrows waxed, but I really don't like seeing guys have it done. I know a very good looking guy that does his. I can hardly look at him as I always notice, that they look done. It just is odd looking to me. I know it is a trend now, but I find thick eyebrows attractive, and when a man has work done on them it never looks natural to me. On woman you can't tell alot of times. If you do have them done got to someone who doesn't do too much, just very subtle is what I would suggest.
~dagmar

Old 01-19-2004, 09:51 AM   #4

FaerieStars HB User

I can't stand it when guys get their eyebrows done. They should be thick, just not a unibrow! Forget the arch and just do a little tweezing. Get rid of hairs above the nose and a few stray hairs or ones that stick up or in really odd directions. Have someone else do it because once you start, you might keep tweezing and end up with a mess. But PLEASE don't get them waxed with an arch! Men should look like men, not like women. It can make a girl feel awkward, like she's not with a man, but with a woman. Manly is sexy, and a part of manly is looking a little scruffy!

Old 01-19-2004, 09:57 AM   #5
Veteran

producttramp HB User

I used to wax brows all the time for men. If you have funky brows get them done. Just dont get them DONE looking. Like get the stuff out of the middle so you have two and take a little off the bottom and top if needed. Just a clean up on guys is good and shows you care. I'd say a good 30% of my clients were men at least. Just do it, its not like they dont grow back if you dont like it. best of luck.

Old 01-19-2004, 11:40 AM   #6
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User

The question is does it hurt? And I do trim my eyebrows with tweezers and that really helps to make them look good. I do have a unibrow but I've been tweezing it every since I was 15. What I did was accidently tweeze too much a few years back and there has been this huge gap between my brows ever since and I am slowly starting to grow them closer together and it is looking so much better. Naturally my eyebrows are uneven. They have very little shape or kind of make me look really harsh. I am good looking but all my life my eyebrows have been a problem with making me look harsh. Also I am gay and I will not be dating and spending time impressing women. sorry . :-)

Old 01-19-2004, 02:15 PM   #7
(female)

AnitaPita HB User

I say do it. If you don't like the way they look you can always grow them back. Worst case scenario is you would have to pencil in bare areas temporarily until it grew back. Eyebrows can make the biggest difference in a persons looks. I wax my own now and save myself alot of $$. I just get the microwave wax from Sally's for 6 bucks and it lasts for months. After you do it several times there really is no pain involved. I find that waxing hurts way less than plucking. Good luck!

Closed Thread