It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2004, 12:39 PM   #1
Veteran

robste HB User
Thumbs up 3 Great Products for thick, dry, unruly hair!

I have very thick, wavy, and sometimes frizzy hair. It's cut about chin length in sort of a pageboy style & I have wispy bangs. My hair looks much better very straight, so for months, I've been trying to find the right products to help my hair. I've wasted a lot of money on trying different brands/products...so many of the straightening balms are either greasy feeling and looking, or sticky and leave your hair feeling stiff.

I finally found the right combination of products to make my hair look and feel silky, shiny, smooth, and help straighten it.....here's what I'm now using.

Shampoo: Loreal Vive Smooth-Intense Shampoo For Dry, Frizzy or Rebellious Hair (love the name of it...rebellious hair, lolol)

Conditioner: Loreal Vive Smooth-Intense Conditioner For Dry, Frizzy or Rebellious Hair.

After shampooing & conditioning, I use:
Got2b Smoothed Over Straightening Balm (to smooth, straighten & unwind)

Then, I blow dry my hair, using a round brush to straighten it out. Sometimes, afterwards, I'll use a flat iron just a little bit on the ends.

Anyway, I just had to rave about these products...my hair looks and feels wonderful, and I don't even have to use any hairspray afterwards...I no longer have those static flyaway's that you tend to have in the winter.

-Robin

Old 01-25-2004, 07:13 AM   #2
Inactive

Fuchsia_Lay HB User
Re: 3 Great Products for thick, dry, unruly hair!

thank you for the insight !!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2004, 07:40 AM   #3
(female)

InfiniteMystery HB User

I'll second the Loreal Smooth Intense - I love it! I have very curly hair, and my hair feels great whether I straighten it or not.

Old 02-19-2004, 04:57 PM   #4
Inactive

Lizzi HB User

Shampoo: Loreal Vive Smooth-Intense Shampoo For Dry, Frizzy or Rebellious Hair (love the name of it...rebellious hair, lolol)

Conditioner: Loreal Vive Smooth-Intense Conditioner For Dry, Frizzy or Rebellious Hair.

Something else that's wonderful....is Redken All Soft Loreal Vive was my favorite untill I found the All Soft...I wear my hair with the curl though...& use Biolage Gelle to defrizz yet keep the curl...use a spritz with it on the tough spots...still feels soft yet not greasy...
Glad I"m not alone in my crazzzzzzzzzyyyyyyy hair...

Old 02-27-2004, 07:32 PM   #5

Anita1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robste
I have very thick, wavy, and sometimes frizzy hair. It's cut about chin length in sort of a pageboy style & I have wispy bangs. My hair looks much better very straight, so for months, I've been trying to find the right products to help my hair. I've wasted a lot of money on trying different brands/products...so many of the straightening balms are either greasy feeling and looking, or sticky and leave your hair feeling stiff.

I finally found the right combination of products to make my hair look and feel silky, shiny, smooth, and help straighten it.....here's what I'm now using.

After shampooing & conditioning, I use:
Got2b Smoothed Over Straightening Balm (to smooth, straighten & unwind)

Then, I blow dry my hair, using a round brush to straighten it out. Sometimes, afterwards, I'll use a flat iron just a little bit on the ends.

Anyway, I just had to rave about these products...my hair looks and feels wonderful, and I don't even have to use any hairspray afterwards...I no longer have those static flyaway's that you tend to have in the winter.

-Robin
Where can I purchase the straightening balm?? Is it available in regular drug stores like eckert? Thanks
Anita

Old 02-28-2004, 06:47 AM   #6
Veteran

robste HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita1982
Where can I purchase the straightening balm?? Is it available in regular drug stores like eckert? Thanks
Anita
Hi Anita, I bought the Got2b Straightening Balm at the grocery store...Big Y to be specific. You must be in the south since you have Eckerd's right? (I'm originally from GA, but now live in the northeast...brrr)

Old 03-02-2004, 08:04 AM   #7
(female)

Angel~Eyes HB User
Thumbs up Re: 3 Great Products for thick, dry, unruly hair!

u know what would work better with the shampoo and conditioner is l'oreal tecni art volume control express smoothing cream best straightening cream i have ever used not greasy at allllll makes ur hair supeeeeeeeeeer smooth and so silky but u can only find it at hairdressers

eYeS

Last edited by Angel~Eyes; 03-02-2004 at 08:05 AM.

Old 03-03-2004, 05:39 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

The L'Oreal Vive (for frizzy, dry, rebellious hair or whatever :P) is a FABULOUS product. You wash the shampoo out and your hair feels as if you've just conditioned it, which I've never experienced with a shampoo before.

Old 03-03-2004, 07:37 AM   #9
Veteran

producttramp HB User

Never tried the drugstore ones previously mentioned but as a hairdresser, the best pro products for crazy, frizzy, dry, wavy hair (yes, this is what mine is too) are Biosilk Silk therapy for a styling product/smoother-glosser-this is totally an necessary item if you heat style your hair, esp. flat iron it, that does not leave hair limp but smooth and shiny and the BIOLAGE ultra hydrating shampoo and conditioning balm. These are unbelievable. I have tried almost every type of pro product out there and these are MY favorites for my wild, thick hair to keep it in check.

Closed Thread