It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2004, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

earthdayapril22 HB User
Talking Anti-frizz products

what is the best anti-frizz product(i preffer sprays or mousses...) that works with heat and would make my hair extremely straight for days?
thanks!

Old 03-29-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
Veteran

producttramp HB User
Re: Anti-frizz products

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdayapril22
what is the best anti-frizz product(i preffer sprays or mousses...) that works with heat and would make my hair extremely straight for days?
thanks!
I know you said you wanted spray/mousse but Biosilk Silk Therapy (about 5-6 bucks on the auction sites for a small one which lasts forever) is the best for antifrizz without greasy look. If you heat style, you need this because it protects well and makes the tools glide thru the hair without pulling. I have never met a head of hair this stuff didnt work for, fine, thick, etc. it all depends on the amount you use-which is about 1 drop or two for fine and on my wavy, thick crazed head, I use a quarter. Being a hairdresser, I try them all but this is the stuff I return to again and again because it works.
If you are looking for just a straightening product, Alterna makes a good one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2004, 05:41 AM   #3

FaerieStars HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by producttramp
I know you said you wanted spray/mousse but Biosilk Silk Therapy (about 5-6 bucks on the auction sites for a small one which lasts forever) is the best for antifrizz without greasy look. If you heat style, you need this because it protects well and makes the tools glide thru the hair without pulling. I have never met a head of hair this stuff didnt work for, fine, thick, etc. it all depends on the amount you use-which is about 1 drop or two for fine and on my wavy, thick crazed head, I use a quarter. Being a hairdresser, I try them all but this is the stuff I return to again and again because it works.
If you are looking for just a straightening product, Alterna makes a good one.
I read some reviews on another site and people complained that it was too greasy and smelled too much.

Old 03-30-2004, 06:50 AM   #4
Veteran

producttramp HB User

Biosilk Silk Therapy is the only serum type product I found that isnt too greasy and still works. Yes, there is a scent to it too but it isnt overpowering. My SIL's have the finest hair on the planet and use a drop of this if they flat iron and it works great. If its greasy on people they are using too much which is very common with serum/wax products. The rest of the Biosilk shampoo/conditioner/styling products I dont like but I have tried a zillon pro hair products and as I said before this is the only serum/smoother product I always return to b/c it works. But if you are fine or thin haired, a drop or two is all you need not even a dime size.
Esp. with waxes, serums and pomades it is important to remove product build up frequently either with clarifiying shampoo or baking soda mixed with shampoo otherwise you will get greasy no matter what.
To each his/her own anyways.

Old 03-30-2004, 03:52 PM   #5

LKA HB User

The only anti-friz product that works on my thick frizzy hair in hot muggy weather is to shave my head.

Old 03-30-2004, 07:15 PM   #6
Veteran

Falynsmommy HB User

Hey all. I'm a regular on the pregnancy board but am new to this one. I'm also a hairstylist and in my opinion, I think BedHead's After-Party is the best for frizz. I like Biosilk too but have found that After-Party works best with frizz and heat both. You can apply it before or after you curl and I have tons of clients that buy it, and I use it personally as well. One bottle will last you a long time and it does not make your hair greasy, as long as you don't overuse it. It is more like a cream than a serum. I agree with producttramp in that any styling product will make your hair greasy if you overuse it.

As for something that will make your hair straight for days, I don't know of any styling product that will do that. A chemical hair straightener will but most styling products won't keep it that straight for too long. I would recommend a straightening iron. That is the only thing I can think of that would give you the straightness you probably want. And as long as you don't wash your hair or go out in the muggy heat or rain, it should stay pretty straight until you wash it. Hope this helps.

Old 04-06-2004, 03:41 AM   #7

ccynthia HB User

maybe some jojoba oil will work for this?

Old 04-06-2004, 10:53 PM   #8

bongo_182 HB User

I also love Biosilk. Give it a try. I've gotten so many compliments on my hair since I have started using it.

Old 04-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #9
(female)

Cypris55 HB User
Wink Re: Anti-frizz products

I have frizzy hair from it being over processed. I've been coloring and highlighting my hair for years. I used biosilk for about 4 years, but recently I found something much better and cheaper. I use Sebastian's potion 9. I've been using it for 3 months now and I LOVE it!

Old 04-14-2004, 10:17 AM   #10
Veteran

robste HB User

I'm another huge fan of Bed Head's After Party creme to smooth hair and get rid of the frizzies! I have very thick, wavy hair (chin length in a graduated pageboy style), and the Bed Head After Party works wonders on my hair without making it greasy. I've noticed that some of the drugstores and grocery stores now carry the Bed Head brand products, but they never have the After Party. For those of you who have seen the tube/bottle it's in, I wonder if that's why! My friends and I got a good laugh over that when we first saw it, if you know what I mean!

Another product that I like & am now using is Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide. It says on the bottle that it is "a protective smoother for very dry/unruly hair". It has a nice scent to it (but not too much). It has more of an oil consistency, however, as long as you don't use too much, you hair will not look or feel oily. I only use two little squirts of it, then rub it well into my hair (after I've towel dried my hair, but before I blow dry it.) It makes my somewhat coarse, thick hair feel so silky & smooth. I also use a straightening iron afterwards (sometimes) if I want that straight look.

Old 04-14-2004, 12:24 PM   #11
Veteran

Falynsmommy HB User

robste,

HAHAHAHAHA! OMG, that's exactly what my co-workers and I thought it looked like too. We all have had some fun times making fun of that bottle. Plus the way the actual After Party creme looks when it comes out of that bottle. Thanks for the laugh!

Old 04-15-2004, 08:32 AM   #12
Veteran

robste HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falynsmommy
robste,

HAHAHAHAHA! OMG, that's exactly what my co-workers and I thought it looked like too. We all have had some fun times making fun of that bottle. Plus the way the actual After Party creme looks when it comes out of that bottle. Thanks for the laugh!
Oh geez...I never thought about how the actual After Party creme looks, hahahah!
Seriously, I wonder if that's why they carry all the other BedHead products at the drugstore & grocery stores now, except for the After Party. The only place in my area that carries it are the hair salons. Maybe some teenager purchased it at the drugstore, and her mom saw the bottle & called the store to complain, lolol. For those of you who have seen or used BedHead After Party styling creme, you'll know what we mean...for those who have no earthly idea what we're talking about...well, the next time you go to the hair salon for a haircut or color, make sure to ask them to see a bottle of the BedHead (brand) After Party! (we don't want to get banned from the cosmetics board, so we can't say more!)

On that note, I have a really cute story about BedHead After Party:

I met one of my best friends because of this BedHead hair product! Funny story...there was a new employee at the company I used to work for. I'd met her, but she worked in a different department, so we really didn't "work" together. Her cubicle was only a few rows away from my area. She seemed nice, but rather quiet, but someone I might like as a friend. Apparently, one day,she'd overheard me talking to some of my co-workers about my thick, unruly hair, and the fact that I'd tried so many styling cremes that were greasy & didn't give me the results I wanted. She walked over to me, handed me the bright pink tube/bottle of BedHead After Party and told me to take it home & try it. She said it worked wonders for her hair & that I'd really like it. The minute I saw the bottle, I thought I'd die! But I didn't want to laugh or say anything, 'cause she was a new employee, and I didn't know anything about her personality or if she was a good sport with a sense of humor or anything like that. So I calmly said "thank you so much, I'll try it then will return the bottle to you tomorrow." I tried the After Party the next morning, and she was right, it really smoothed my frizzy, thick, unruly hair without any greasy feel. I went over to her desk, returned the bottle, said thank you so much, and I burst out laughing. We kind of looked at each other, we were probably thinking the exact same thing, and I said, "you know, maybe it's just me...but I couldn't help but laugh hysterically when I first saw the bottle." She said with a sigh of relief, " well, I didn't want to say anything to you about the (shape of the) bottle when I initially gave it to you, because I thought you might be a rather reserved, quiet type of person, or might be offended." I laughed and said, "well, I thought the same thing about you, so that's why I didn't say anything before."

Needless to say, we both had a good laugh! Neither of us will ever forget how we first became friends! So now, for my best friend's birthday, each year, I always buy her a bottle of BedHead After Party!

Old 04-15-2004, 11:48 AM   #13
Veteran

Falynsmommy HB User

That's too funny robste! When we first got that product in at work, the girls and I predicted we would have ALOT of women buying it for the bottle alone. My co-workers and I all have sick minds though, so it works out good. LOL!

But seriously, it is a wonderful product for taming thick, frizzy, or unruly hair.

Closed Thread