It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2004, 03:04 PM   #1
(female)

CUCrusaders24 HB User
Struggling Here...

Hi All,

I have been really struggling with something here lately. I have always struggled with my weight (I'm 20). With the first MAJOR weight loss I had, I felt confident wearing cute clothes (i.e. shorts, tank tops, etc). WELL, I put the weight back on, plus many extra pounds. Now after some time, I have taken it off AGAIN.

Unfortunately, this time I have horrid stretch marks. They are bright red and are covering my stomach, and are on my arms, hips, groin area, inner thighs, and the backs of my calves.

I am not able to accept that I can never wear a bikini, shorts, or a tank top when it is hot outside. People say to me, "You have such a nice shape, why do you cover yourself up all the time?"

I think about this all the time and I think I'm going to need some help accepting how I permanently scarred my body.

Old 07-10-2004, 04:24 PM   #2
(female)

euglena HB User
Lightbulb Re: Struggling Here...

A friend of mine gave birth and had very distinct stretch marks too.

She used tons of moisturizer for months - Aloe Vera and Vitamin E.

They were gone in about a year.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2004, 04:37 PM   #3
(female)

SweetPuff HB User
Re: Struggling Here...

Isn't there a product called Mederma that helps scars?
I don't know if it would help stretch marks or not, but over time yours will fade into more of a skin color more than likely. If all else fails talk to your dermatolgist b/c I believe there are new procedures to help get rid of or lessen the appearance of stretch marks. Try to eat healthy and keep the weight off b/c constant fluctuation will also result in saggy skin that can only be fixed with surgery. The best way to keep the way off is with a lifestyle change and not a diet. Learn about what is good for you, eat healthy (never skip b-fast) and exercise on a regular basis!

Old 07-11-2004, 12:30 PM   #4

ashleighbean HB User
Re: Struggling Here...

I'm sorry, I know how much it sucks to deal with stretchmarks. good news though... apparently, there's still a lot you can do to get rid of them when they're in the red stage. they don't get truly stubborn until they become white. here's an interesting article I bookmarked a while ago...

http://www.dermadoctor.com/Newsletter.asp?NewsletterID=69&WID=%7B1D 6E3035%2D4109%2D4E1F%2D9159%2D634A2CDEB4 7E%7D

I know we're not supposed to post links, but hopefully you'll see it before they delete it. otherwise, I'll try to copy it into the text. I'd rather not do that yet because it's kinda long. good luck!

Closed Thread