It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2004, 08:03 AM   #1
(female)

iridescentsea HB User
Anti-frizz hair product

Does anyone use anti-frizz hair product (serum, gel, pomade, etc.) and how do you like it? I am talking about the type you put on so the hair would not go frizzy after styling/straightening? TIA.

Old 07-27-2004, 10:09 AM   #2
Veteran

producttramp HB User
Re: Anti-frizz hair product

The one I like best is Biosilk Silk Therapy by Farouk. It works great. I have very thick, coarse hair that is highlighted and this keeps it smooth and shiny. I have not found anything else like it, the key to this is start out using a small amount, then add more if needed. Some people w/ fine/thin hair say its too greasy but seriously a pea size amount on that type of hair makes all the difference. In my hair I use a quarter size amount. I does not have any hold to it but is the best of all the serums out there. It is top quality and even a 2.26 oz bottle lasts about 3 months with daily use. Look on the auction sites for good deals.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2004, 10:31 AM   #3
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Do you use it on wet or dry hair or both? After conditioner or by itself? Is it something that can be purchased at a drug store or in a beauty supply. How do find it onine cheap?

Old 07-27-2004, 01:01 PM   #4
Veteran

producttramp HB User

Biosilk is a professional product so look on the auction sites for good deals or call a few local salons to see if they sell it.
You can use it on wet or dry hair. I use it on both after conditioner.

Old 07-27-2004, 04:25 PM   #5
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

I looked up the biosilk silk therapy and there are many products in this line. Which one specifically were you referring to?

Old 07-27-2004, 04:46 PM   #6
Veteran

producttramp HB User

Silk therapy is the actual product name. It is like a serum/gloss drop type of product. Biosilk also has shampoos, conditioners, hair products but Silk Therapy is the one you want.

Old 07-28-2004, 02:41 PM   #7
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

I bought the silk therapy today and will try it soon. Couple of questions: Do you use it with heat - I do not blow dry my hair I let it dry naturally. Also do you only use it on freshly shampoo hair or can you add it to dry hair at different intervals?
I bought a small one to see how it feels- it is a bit pricey but I'll give it a try. My hair is wavy/curly and I need something that eliminated the frizz and adds shine without weighing it down.

Old 07-28-2004, 04:31 PM   #8
Veteran

producttramp HB User

I use it without heat. You can add more or less as you want dry or wet.

Old 07-31-2004, 08:21 PM   #9

Bat73 HB User

I like John Freida's "Sheer Blonde" products, I use the "anti frizz" one all the time & love it, I think it makes my hair nice & smooth (I use the one called "Dream creme" I think it is, it comes in a tube...I just use a teeny bit to smooth the hair out, it's nice:-)) He's also got an "anti frizz" serum, I've never tried that one, I think the "dream creme" does the job

Now I know they have a line for dark hair as well, I'm assuming they've got similar products there that works just as good....

Old 08-01-2004, 05:21 PM   #10

holdoll HB User

The actual Silk Therapy product. It's basically an oil-based serum that adds shine and conditioning to hair while smoothing down the hair cuticle, which gets rid of the frizzies. It's a good product.
Another one you might try is the Frizz Eliminator by Sexy Hair Concepts. I think it's in the HealthySexyHair line.

Old 08-04-2004, 04:07 PM   #11
(female)

iridescentsea HB User

Hi ld212;

I take flaxseed oil capsules less often in the last couple of weeks-I used to take it daily, lately I only take it 2 or 3 times per week. I still have managable acne. I am still not quite sure if flaxseed oil helped with my acne or if I am going through a good stage.

Old 08-04-2004, 04:56 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

Another BioSilk user here. I love it. I have long, layered, straight, highlighted blond, very thin but lots of it...hair. LOL! It does not weigh it down. I use a small amount after shampooing...and I do not condition my hair. I do blowdry it. And I curl it. It still takes a curl even with this product in there. I do not use any mouses or gels. My sister loves it too and she has long, layered, thick, wavy hair and it works great for her for straightening while blowdrying. I bought mine at Target...the small bottle for $11. I also find it helpful to use an anti residue shampoo once a week. Cuz it does build up...on me anyway.

Old 08-06-2004, 07:43 AM   #13
(female)

iridescentsea HB User

Hi ld212;

To tell you the truth, I have not noticed anything good or bad due to flaxseed oil intake. My hair is still the same-I have had thick hair to begin with. So, I can not tell you flaxseed oil is good or bad for health. Perhaps it may also depend on the length of time of intake.

Closed Thread