It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 04:20 PM   #1

just_imagine HB User
Looking for a tinted moisturizer

Hi girls,

I'm going for an overnight trip in a couple weeks with my boyfriend, and I'm self conscious about my acne prone skin. During the last six months it went from mild to moderate, and now that I've got it a lot more under control, I'm left with a lot of hyperpigmentation from the bad breakouts...blah.

I don't feel comfortable enough to go without makeup completely in front of him, so I was thinking a good tinted moisturizer would be great to use, and not as heavy as wearing makeup overnight. If the moisturizer idea would be too shiny looking, maybe even a very sheer makeup. I normally use Revlon Colorstay SPF 15 and I like it a lot, but it might be a tad heavy for overnight. I know, I know, wearing makeup overnight is a bad idea but I know some of you can understand where I'm coming from. I just want something that is very natural, won't rub off and gives a little coverage to help even out my skin tone...

Any suggestions? Tinted moisturizers, sheer/light foundations?

Old 08-18-2004, 05:53 PM   #2

FloridaMom HB User
Re: Looking for a tinted moisturizer

I've definitely been there! I use a tinted moisturizer by Clinique called "Almost Makeup". It's very sheer, oil free and perfect for the times that you don't want a heavy makeup but want a little coverage. Hope this helps...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 07:42 PM   #3

strebend HB User

Been there, too! I use Neutrogena Healthy Defense, a tinted moisturizer with SPF 30. It's light, non-greasy, promises not to clog pores, but gives some light coverage to even out skin tone. I know Neutrogena also makes an oil-free tinted moisturizer with SPF 15, but I haven't tried it.
I also prefer the natural look but need some coverage for acne, and my favorite cosmetic is my medicated cover stick. The one I use is made by Clean & Clear; it's an effective concealer that brings red pimples back to skin tone without looking "make-uppy," and best of all, it's a salacylic acid acne medication, so it dries and clears while it's hiding the pimples, rather than making things worse.
Hope you enjoy your trip - I know exactly what you're going through. My adult acne makes me so self-conscious that I sometimes insist on dimming the lights at night, claiming it bothers my eyes, when actually I just want to try to hide my blemishes - and I've been married more than 20 years!

Old 08-19-2004, 07:13 PM   #4

fiejenn1 HB User

i love avedas moisturizer plus tint, covers awesome and has a dewy look to it

Old 08-19-2004, 11:20 PM   #5

just_imagine HB User

Thank you so much girls, I really appreciate the feedback! And it's good to know there are others out there who can relate. Strebend - I do that trick with dimming the lights too!!

Closed Thread