It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2002, 04:37 PM   #1
Inactive

ceven HB User
Question ingrown hair after waxing - how to prevent

hi. i wax with NAD's... works great.. but after a few weeks the hairs grow back and most of it are ingrown... underneath a thin layer of skin.. very unsightly... i have to scratch at it to remove the fine layer of skin... but its very hard to get them all out as ther is so may ingrown hairs....

what do you do to prevent this... i do wash my legs everyday...

thanks

Old 06-29-2002, 04:46 PM   #2
Inactive

ceven HB User
ok i read somewhere else that i need to exfoliate... how do i exfoliate?? what does this involve? what products do i need to use?

i am so dumb sorry ...

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2002, 08:04 PM   #3
(female)

gobbleduck HB User
Talking

You can exfoliate with a variety of different body scrubs available at any drugstore. You can also just use a loofah or a buf-puff. I think the best thing to use is plain old ordinary baking soda because it is very gentle on your skin. Just mix some in with your favorite soap (like cetaphil or dove) to make a paste. Then apply the paste to dampened skin and work it around in gentle circles. The key is to be very gentle - you don't want to irritate your skin before you wax. You can check this out on any search engine - just look for "baking soda exfoliator". A lot of people swear by it. Hope this helps.

Old 07-03-2002, 12:15 AM   #4
Inactive

ceven HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnPrison:
why don't you just shave? http://www.mindspring.com/~portwoodf/b.gif
hey myownprison... i've seen your other posts and laugh everytime

Old 07-03-2002, 05:17 PM   #5

redd123 HB User
Use a lotion afterwards that contains "Alpha-Hydroxy". The one I buy is Vaoline Intensive Care. The label will specifically say "Alpha-Hydroxy". It will keep your skin moist and help prevent ingrown hairs. I use it right afterwards and for the next day or two. I don't wax, I use Magic Powder Creme. If I shave, I am more prone to the ingrown hairs. I am too scared to wax. Ouch!

Old 07-05-2002, 10:03 AM   #6
(female)

twinkie HB User
Try using Sally Hansens Bikini Zone any drug store has it, or Tend skin which is availabe in some salons and is a bit pricey
Good luck

Old 08-19-2005, 07:30 AM   #7
(female)

jawood85249 HB User
Re: ingrown hair after waxing - how to prevent

Don't wax!! I've just gotten out of the hospital after 3 weeks and 2 surgeries because of waxing with Nads. I also developed ingrown hairs and thought I could just pick them away. . .WRONG! I developed a severe staff infection on both legs and then it turned into something the surgeon called Celulitous. I have a hole on one leg just below and to the outside of my right knee that's over 2 inches across and 1 1/2 or 2 inches deep! The other leg only had a "small" one behind the knee and just had to be lanced. Neverthless, I'm still on crutches and off of work going on 3 weeks now without alot of hope for much before another 2 weeks of changing dressings 3 times per day, massive doses of antibiotics and even morphene for the extreme pain. So, I ask you, please, please don't let this happen to you. You never know what's lurking under your nails, on tweezers or even on the product you bought in the store. This is not anything to mess with! I could have lost my leg or legs and even my life if this had not been taken care of. What's worse is I don't have medical insurance right now due to job change and this single parent didn't need this completely avoidable expense this has caused. Take care and good luck. It doesn't matter how careful or clean you try to be - it happens.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:25 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Dani Girl 78 HB User
Re: ingrown hair after waxing - how to prevent

EEK! That sounds horrible. Sorry for all the pain that you are in and all the trouble. It's crazy how hair removal can be so dangerous.

I think that we (atleast the women...and some men) just shouldn't have hair except for on our heads. It's just a pain in the arse to shave it off and then it grows right back. UGH!

Good luck, and I hope that you are feeling better soon.

Closed Thread