It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2002, 06:57 PM   #1
(female)

wenron HB User
Post Anyone know how to whiten teeth that.....

How do you whiten teeth that have been bonded. All but two of my teeth are natural and 2 bonded. The bonded teeth are yellow. Does anyone know what product could whiten these?

Old 07-04-2002, 09:43 AM   #2
Inactive

JeanM HB User
I believe you'll need to see a dentist for the bonded teeth. Every whitener product that I've used (Whitestrips, Rembrandt, etc. have all stated that it will not work on bonded teeth).

I'm guessing that bonded teeth would need to be lightened with a laser??? Not sure. At any rate, it's something that a dentist needs to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2002, 04:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User
How did your bonded teeth become yellow? Did you get resin? I had porcelain veneers bonded to my teeth almost ten years ago and they are still white as ever. You probably will have to have the bonds taken off and redone to get them white.

Old 07-06-2002, 01:36 PM   #4
Inactive

jade20012 HB User
try bleach thats what i use alittle on my tabacco and coffee stains at the front of my teeth

coat a thin layer so that it dont drip cover your teeth with it with your mouth open or smile so ur lips dont touch the bleach for about 1 min or until u see the stain gone but thats on my natural teeth but im sure it will work on yours too

Old 07-08-2002, 12:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User
Bleach won't work on bonded teeth, sorry!

Old 07-08-2002, 12:04 PM   #6

Nancy S+13 HB User
Wenron, I'm not sure, but don't they match them to your natural teeth when they do them? I have some porcelain crowns and I know these aren't bleachable. They matched them as closely as they could with my own teeth and if I ever got my natural teeth whiter in the future these would stay the same.

Old 07-08-2002, 06:23 PM   #7
(female)

wenron HB User
Nancy, I got them bonded about 14 years ago and I don't even know exactly what material was used. They have a porcelin look, but not sure. I was just told "bonded" to build my teeth out. They were really white at first, then they kept turning more yellow than the rest of my teeth. What do people use to whiten their teeth if false teeth? Wouldn't that work? I hate to get them redone and spend all of that money if there is something out there that works. Thanks you guys for workin with me.

Old 07-08-2002, 11:03 PM   #8
bluetonic

ADD BAKING SODA TO UR TOOTHPASTE!!!

THEY WORK WELL... IT DID FOR MY SISTER.

Old 07-09-2002, 01:02 AM   #9
(female)

Connor5 HB User
Baking Soda for porcelain veneers? If bleach won't work, why would baking soda work? My sister works for a dentist and she said nothing helps whiten the veneers. Do you know for a fact that the soda whitens the veneers or crowns?

Old 07-09-2002, 02:53 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User
Baking soda won't work either. Trust me, the only way is to get them re-done. You must have gotten resin instead of porcelain, because porcelain won't turn yellow. Resin costs $50-100 per tooth, porcelain costs $200-1000 per tooth, depending on where you get it done.So a lot of people get resin because it's cheaper, and it does stain where porcelain does NOT stain. ALL bonds, even porcelain, need replaced after 10-15 years, so you are probably due for replacement by now. I've had mine for 9 years, so I'm waiting for them to start having problems or coming off or something. It's going to cost me a fortune to replace the porcelain. I have eight teeth bonded, all my front teeth. It's the price we pay for beauty!!

Old 07-27-2002, 07:59 PM   #11
(female)

wenron HB User
thanks for the info..I'll have them redone when I get some more doe.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:08 AM   #12
(female)

Mudpuppy1951 HB User
Re: Anyone know how to whiten teeth that.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenron View Post
thanks for the info..I'll have them redone when I get some more doe.
I also have two bonded in the front and was told to have them re done but what is the point they will only yellow again.. There are two things that worked for me,an over the counter product called GLYOXIDE. Apply it and leave on for at least five minutes ..that and baking soda mixed with peroxide.
I have been using Celebrity Sexy Teeth to whiten my other teeth and it seems to be working on the bonded as well..but took longer on the bonded, of course..
Georgie

Closed Thread