It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2002, 01:12 AM   #1

debbers2001 HB User
Angry HELP! bad bikini wax!

I got a leg and bikini wax yesterday cause i am going to a waterpark all day tomorrow. It cost $85, which is about the same as other places around here (i called around). My legs turned out fine, though she missed some spots and said that i could come back in a few days or a week and she would get any patches that wouldnt come off then. My bikini area, on the other hand, looks awful. It is all red and bumpy--worse than with shaving. Some of the bumps look like ***** pimples, but mostly it looks like a bad rash. It doesn't itch, but it hurts. The worst part is at the same spot on both sides it looks like some of the skin came off and its dark red/brown. Yuck! The worst part is that I HAVE to go to this waterpark tomorrow as a shmooze thing for my company, and it looks awful in a swimsuit. I don't want to be the only one not wearing a swimsuit, but I also don't want to be splotchy bikini rash girl. I put Jergens cooling lotion on it to try to take away some of the pain, but that made it worse, and I tried neosporin, but that didn't help much. I have been wearing quality underwear that doesnt irritate it, but I think a swimsuit might make it worse, and I don't know about the chlorine. Has this happened to anyone else before? What can I do? I called the place tonight and they said to come in tomorrow morning and talk to the lady who did it, but what do I say to or ask her? Help. now. please! Thank you!!

------------------
*Deborah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2002, 11:51 AM   #2

gracieathome HB User
Irritation is normal for a couple of days after being waxed. There really is not much you can do at this point. I would not get into a pool with all that chlorine as it will probably sting. Im sorry this happened to you, did you mention to the woman who did it what you would be doing the next day? If you did she should have warned you.

Old 08-09-2002, 07:05 PM   #3

Venicefemme HB User
I'm so sorry about your experience! I am an aesthetician. I have done waxing for 14 years. I hate to tell you but it's very important not to get sun exposure on the area that is discolored (where you think skin came off) You may get hyper-pigmentaion if you do. I would try some low strength cotisone (like cort-aid) There are a couple of products that help w/ ingrowns (unfortunately you'll probably get them this time)Follique and Tend Skin. They don't smell very good but they help alot. Next time I would recommend going to someone that your friends have had good waxing from ....and give it a few days before you hit the pool. Good Luck!

Old 08-09-2002, 09:07 PM   #4

Cheryl3 HB User
Ditto on the cortisone cream -- it really helps and on some people can make a miraculous improvement even just overnight! Also try cold compresses. Can you buy one of those cover-up skirts that are made out of swimsuit material so you can keep in on even in the water?

Good luck!

------------------
Cheryl

Old 08-10-2002, 05:04 PM   #5
Inactive

rif HB User
Boy shorts bikini.

Old 08-11-2002, 12:03 AM   #6

Itty Kitty HB User
Hi,

Poor thing! Yes, use Tend Skin. I heard it's great on those bumps. My friend got his crack waxed and said he used an imitation brand of Tend Skin (from Sally's Beauty Supply) and it was WAY cheaper and worked great. He said it kept his skin from getting red and bumpy. I agree about the bathing suit skirt or boy bikini shorts. Both are cute and stylish and will hide your irritation.

Good luck!

Old 08-11-2002, 04:18 PM   #7

Nancy S+13 HB User
I'm thinking you need something to cover up that won't look out of place.

Some ideas:

(1) Wear a nice wrap that coordinates with your suit and avoid the water activities.
(2) A swimsuit that's cut so it covers more. I've seen some cute ones that look sort of like tight short shorts on the bottom.
(3) The suits with the little skirt on bottom. Mommy swimsuits I call them. :-)
(4) Wear a bikini top and shorts on the bottom. Or is that look out now? You know, those Hawaii looking shorts with the flower print like surfers wear?

Old 08-12-2002, 12:24 AM   #8

debbers2001 HB User
Cool

Thank you for all of the help! It looks a lot better now, though still healing. :-) For the future though, how much should it cost for a good leg and bikini wax? I don't know if I paid too much or too little. Also, how do you find out if a place is good other than word of mouth? Are there certain types of places that are better than others? This lady said bruising and missing skin is normal and has to do with the coarseness of the hair, but I don't really believe her, and my only friend who waxes has never had that happen. Is she right? Thank you!

------------------
*Deborah

Old 08-12-2002, 04:34 PM   #9

Venicefemme HB User
No...it's not 'normal' to have bruising and missing skin w/ waxing coarse hair!!! In the future, to avoid bruising hold the skin taut (especially over the ligiment of the thigh) It helps alot. You might also try looking online to see who uses nufree wax. It's really gentle. I charge between $55-70 for full leg and bikini (depending on whether it's a standard bik wax or not) I'm curious to know how long it took her to do your wax...maybe she wasn't that experienced?

Closed Thread