It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2001, 01:15 PM   #1

deidlers HB User
Question hemorrhoid medicine? on my face?

i am beginning to have crows feet around my eyes and smile lines around my face.
i live in the old south, and many elderly black women, (age 80, skin looks 40) say that their secret is preparation H, as a nightly skin cream. and it makes sense: it's supposed to shrink tissues, so it would shrink wrinkles.
well i tried it, and yes, very quickly i noticed that my lines and wrinkles were diminishing.
but that stuff stinks to high heaven! all chemically and fishy smelling.
does anyone have any suggestions for good defense against aging creams they could recommend?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2001, 02:31 PM   #2
Inactive

T-Nice HB User
Wink

Girl, if that preparation H works, who cares if it stinks. You are only wearing it at night right??? Just think of all the work it is doing overnight to those crows feet and when you wake up you can wash your face and get rid of the smell.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2001, 08:44 PM   #3

deidlers HB User
Wink

yes, you have a good point. who cares! except that i'm newly married, and i fear it's too early yet to start stinkin' in bed. LOL.

Old 01-21-2001, 03:41 PM   #4

MissKitty HB User
Hello Preperation H is not removing the wrinkles, it is only tightening the skin temporarily. That would be ok, if it was just used once in a while because of a special occasion or something, but what your doing to your skin is making it work harder by tightening it up and then loosening it back. What I mean is, your skin loses elasticity as you age and what moisturizers do, and most over the counter products do, is temporarily puff out the skin making it appear less lined. I suggest you go to dermatologist and ask about renova. This will actually help them go away, rather than puff them out! I hear it is also gentle to your skin.

[This message has been edited by MissKitty (edited 01-21-2001).]

Old 09-11-2002, 03:36 AM   #5
(female)

wenron HB User
But, doesn't renova have to be used for the rest of your life, or else wrinkles come back?

Old 09-11-2002, 09:17 AM   #6

Cheryl3 HB User
Hi,
I have used a generic form of hemorrhoid cream that doesn't have any smell at all. I used it on large red bumps and it helped reduce the inflammation.

To answer wenron's question, yes, Renova (or Retin-A) does have to be used forever, but not every day (I've heard that you can maintain improvements with just every other day use). Also, even if your insurance doesn't pay for it, it's still not any more expensive than some of the wrinkle creams sold by Estee Lauder or some of the other cosmetic companies, and their creams aren't even as strong. I know that when I used to use Retin-A, it was about $60 for a 3 month supply

------------------
Cheryl

Old 09-11-2002, 05:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User
I use the Preparation H Cream under my eyes if they are puffy from not getting enough sleep. It's a great trick to reduce puffy eyes. Use it lightly and the smell will fade quickly. It really works!

Old 09-12-2002, 02:49 PM   #8
Veteran

1goodgirl HB User
I would not want to sleep/have sex with a fishy smelling person. I don't know what would take the fish smell out, it is pretty bad!

If you are 80, but your skin looks 40, please, PLEASE, tell the rest of us what you have been doing to achieve this!

[This message has been edited by 1goodgirl (edited 09-12-2002).]

Old 09-13-2002, 01:55 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User
Prep H doesn't smell fishy, and besides, once you put it under your eyes and rub it in, the smell fades as it absorbs. After ten minutes, no smell at all. I do it all the time. You just want to use a tiny amount, don't overdo it.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:16 PM   #10
(female)

tanmax HB User
Re: hemorrhoid medicine? on my face?

How long do you have to use it...I mean can you use it in the morning for a few minutes and wash it off or does it have to be on overnight
thanks

Old 04-09-2006, 12:51 AM   #11
(female)

GIGIMTL HB User

I have just recently found out that mixing a little dab of Preparation H with your favourite scented facial cream will take care of the smell. I have been doing this as a night cream, amazing results and no stinch.

Old 04-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #12
(female)

SilverRoses HB User

Ive also heard that it is all the supermodel's secret for puffy eyes, I even heard Conan Obrien say it works tol LOL. I guess I never new that it would work for wrinkles though. About the smell, just wash your hands after you apply it...unless someone is smelling your eyes.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:27 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

I would recommend the cream rather than the ointment! I made that mistake once and it is greasy and sticks to your pillow case
One would think in this day and age with all the technology out there someone would invent something that worked

Old 04-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #14
(female)

Girl1984 HB User

I use preparation H on red spots... it's an absolute miracle worker!!! You wake up the next day and its basically gone. On mega mega big spots i've sometimes had had to use it for two nights but that's it. I've never noticed a fishy smell though.....

Closed Thread