It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2002, 05:40 PM   #1

trishasenior HB User
Post Allergic reaction to Avon skincare products

Recently I have experienced very painful and temporarily disfiguring allergic reactions to two or three different moisturising creams, two new to me and one other which I had been using successfully for some time. I am finding it very difficult to identify the constituent which is causing my allergy and have had little help to date from the manufacturers. I would appreciate anyone who has experienced similar problems getting in touch with me to share and compare details. I am very nervous about purchasing any new skincare products for use on my face until I can identify the cause(s) of my allergy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2002, 05:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

bjg HB User
i have not had an allergic reaction to any particular moisturizer ..but i do have sensitive skin and a dermatologist recommended i use cetaphil ..its inexpensive and i find that it doesnt irritate my skin..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2002, 01:54 AM   #3

trishasenior HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by bjg:
i have not had an allergic reaction to any particular moisturizer ..but i do have sensitive skin and a dermatologist recommended i use cetaphil ..its inexpensive and i find that it doesnt irritate my skin..
thanks for the suggestion; I have not heard of cetaphil but I will enquire if it's available (I'm in the UK) and try it. I'm in my fifties and have never before had an allergic reaction to anything other than the houseplant primula obconica which can cause an allergic reaction to many people. I have heard it said that many people find Avon products "harsh" but I have never encountered any problems with them over the years until now and I really need to find out what it is that is causing my problem (hot burning red swollen skin, often taking 24-48 hours to erupt after contact with the creams).

Old 12-03-2002, 03:13 AM   #4

trishasenior HB User
I am still trying to identify the cause of my problem with the Avon face cream. I have undergone two lots of patch tasting and have been told that I am allergic to a substance called tetrahydrocurcumin. Does anyone else have any information about or reaction to this ingredient? I'm not yet convinced that this is the sole cause of my problem.

trish

Old 12-03-2002, 06:54 AM   #5
Inactive

Lady^ HB User
Which products are giving you problems?

Closed Thread